Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's Winter TCA Annoucements  (Read 2523 times)

itiparanoid13

GSN's Winter TCA Annoucements
« on: January 12, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »
If I were to post everything in detail, the one post would take an entire page, so I'll post the names.  If you care to get full detail about some of the shows, you can go to BuzzerBlog or other game show news sites if you choose to.  Just a bit of a warning: not a ton is known about some of these.

Renewals:
Chain Reaction: March 13th
Lingo: April 2nd
World Series of Blackjack: June TBA

New Shows:
Without Prejudice? (US make of the UK show)
Catminster
National Vocabulary Championship

In Development:
The Box: People stuck in a glass box trying to accomplish tasks and stay in the box longer to win money.

Carry Your Weight: Three teams of three people with different traits (BRAINS, BEAUTY, and BRAWN) play a game against each other

Grand Slam: 16 of game show's greatest champions battle each other in word, trivia, and number games.

Indecision: One person has to make nine decisions that can change their life, but one wrong decision can hurt them.  As a twist, one person will leave with money at the end of the show, but it may not be the contestant (I'm confused too)

Kerry's Getting Married- A woman searches for a husband.

Camouflage- It sort of resembles Mad Gab.  Contestants are given a word puzzle with extra letters.  When it's said, you may get the right answer.  As an example, if you are given BRAINCHUORIC and the clue is "A Newsperson", reading it left to right, you can get ANCHOR from it.

War of the Words- Contestants have to guess a word from a series of deceptive definitions.

And a TON of new documentaries.

January 14th- Greatest Game Show Moments
January 21st- Game Show Hall of Fame: Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
January 28th- Women Who Changed Game Shows
February 11th- Celebrities and Game Shows
February 18th- Insider’s Guide To Winning Game Show Millions

Personally, I'm just mainly looking forward to Lingo, World Series of Blackjack, and Without Prejudice.  Some of the new pilots look interesting though.  Some of them just look, wow.  At least there's no show involving dolphins this time.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 05:06:02 PM by itiparanoid13 »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 06:03:31 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'143069\' date=\'Jan 12 2007, 05:03 PM\']Camouflage- It sort of resembles Mad Gab.  Contestants are given a word puzzle with extra letters.  When it's said, you may get the right answer.  As an example, if you are given BRAINCHUORIC and the clue is "A Newsperson", reading it left to right, you can get ANCHOR from it.[/quote]
Damn, I was hoping for people tracing hidden images with a pointer.

Is it fair to assume Tom Campbell's not hosting this?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »
The Box: People stuck in a glass box trying to accomplish tasks and stay in the box longer to win money.

The name of the show escapes me, but a hidden camera program had just this premise as their set up to make people look silly. All of those people bought it, so it's not like the average viewer would find it odd.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

DrBear

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 05:16:01 AM »
Milw. Journal Sentinel TV writer Joanne Weintraub had this to say in her blog:

And now, Cat-Minster

Dogs have their day, so why not cats?

Now they do. The day is March 29, when the GSN cable channel will air the 19th Annual CFA International Cat Show, which it has given the catchy nickname of "Cat-Minster."

She also discussed cat grooming at a bit of length, but little more about the show (host, etc.)
The blog is here.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.