Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows that Game Show Network should get.  (Read 15687 times)

Pyramid80

Shows that Game Show Network should get.
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2003, 09:39:40 AM »
I wouldn't care if there were any new shows acquired.  There is enough sitting in the vault that I would love to see again.

pyrfan

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2003, 05:00:34 PM »
Easy answer for me: Bill Cullen's "$25,000 Pyramid." All 150 episodes exist, and we'd get to see stars like Penny Marshall, Joan Rivers, George Hamilton, Kate Jackson, Frank Gifford, Rue McClanahan, Peggy Cass, Betsy Palmer, Robert Urich, Rob Reiner, Garry Moore, John Ritter, and Dick Clark (!!!) play.

As far as things GSN already has in their possession, I'd be very happy to see "$20,000 Pyramid" back on the schedule.

Brendan

cweaver

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2003, 02:01:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 19 2003, 02:51 AM\']Assuming you mean the original runs, all of these shows are rumored to be destroyed...

(snip)

Original Concentration is likely gone; Narz and Trebek should still exist.[/quote]
I *still* haven't given up that some of these may turn up in a vault, after all we were told we would never, ever see a Marshall "Squares" again and look what happened there.  (I haven't given up on the ABC "Password" either.)  But if I actually had to lay money on something still being in existence, it would be the Narz version of "Concentration."  But it could be tied up by the same type of cross-ownership legal red tape as "The Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour."  It's a shame, as I recently ran across a beautifully preserved, taped-off-the-air copy of *just* the closing of a Narz-hosted "Concentration," complete with the earth-toned Chevette parked in the middle of the set, and it sure left me wanting more.

Dixon

cweaver

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2003, 02:11:22 PM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Oct 14 2003, 01:00 PM\'] Is there anything left that GSN could feasbily make a profit on?  Aside from TPIR and maybe the (future) PAX castoffs (SS and STYD), I can't think of much left that doesn't fall under the "too obscure to spend money on" blanket. [/quote]
 I think if it ever turns up (and once again, I haven't given up hope) the ABC "Password" would do well, considering the TV Land celebs who appear on that incarnation (Elizabeth Montgomery, Florence Henderson, Ed Asner, etc).

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2003, 06:12:27 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 30 2003, 07:55 AM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 11:18 PM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Oct 20 2003, 08:25 AM\']

[/quote]
USA didn't show any Jack Barry TJW either.  I thought the reason might be because both Allen and Jack were deceased before the USA airings, however they did show Bobby Van's MML. [/quote]
USA continued to show Convy's WLoD after his death(though they first aired Syndie WLOD while he was still alive) [/quote]
 Wasn't Convy the syndie host?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

zachhoran

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2003, 07:26:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 8 2003, 06:12 PM\']
USA continued to show Convy's WLoD after his death(though they first aired Syndie WLOD while he was still alive) [/QUOTE]
Wasn't Convy the syndie host? [/quote]
 Yes, Convy did indeed host the first two years of the Syndie run. USA may well have been been showing Robb Weller's season when COnvy passed(they started with 1988-89, then went to 1989-90, then back to 1987-88 before taking it off)