Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows that Game Show Network should get.  (Read 15835 times)

Skynet74

Shows that Game Show Network should get.
« on: September 12, 2003, 10:52:25 PM »
I realize there are problems securing the rights to many programs. However if you had your wish, name some of the shows that have NEVER been on Game Show Network that you think should be.

I'll go first.

Cross-Wits
Dream House
Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour
Hitman
Whew!
the All New Dating Game
Name That Tune
Face The Music
Scrabble
Sale Of The Century
The All New Let's make A Deal
Concentration
Classic Concentration
You Bet Your Life

John

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 11:26:08 PM »
Spin-Off

The one existing 1969 color kinescope of The Match Game (I'll take the long trip to L.A. to watch it at the Museum Of Broadcasting as soon as I win a Powerball jackpot...)
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Neumms

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 12:10:27 AM »
You Don't Say!

The Who, What & Where Game

Bruce Forsyth's Hot Streak (which is sorely underrated)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 12:17:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 09:52 PM\'] I realize there are problems securing the rights to many programs. However if you had your wish, name some of the shows that have NEVER been on Game Show Network that you think should be.

I'll go first.

Cross-Wits
Dream House
Hitman
Whew!
the All New Dating Game
Name That Tune
Face The Music
Scrabble
Sale Of The Century
Concentration
Classic Concentration
You Bet Your Life

John [/quote]
 \"The All New Let's Make a Deal\" has aired on GSN, and I believe at least 1 episode of Elaine Joyce's Dating game has been aired as well.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Winkfan

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 12:48:35 AM »
I STILL say Second Honeymoon and Talkabout!

I know you're all thinking 'Is she starting THAT deal again?' To all who disagree with moi, I say 'GO WATCH WHAT'S LEFT OF THOSE 'DATING SHOWS!'

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Sally Ann Howes of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2003, 12:55:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 11:17 PM\'] and I believe at least 1 episode of Elaine Joyce's Dating game has been aired as well. [/quote]
Sure did.  Nice lady, but was stiff as zwieback.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 04:50:31 PM by Brandon Brooks »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2003, 01:59:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 09:55 AM\'] Sure did.  Nice lady, but was stiff aa zwieback. [/quote]
\"Straight ahead!\" (Undoubtedly, a reminder as to which camera to look at.)

(For my money, the only outro poorer would be Jim Lange and \"here's hoping everything you're going for hits...the BULLSEYE!\"

Come to think of it, Jimbo had a lot of crappy outros. \"You don't have to be a newlywed to feel like one\" during that test week of NG on ABC was no winner, either.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 02:00:24 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2003, 05:15:11 PM »
Come to think of it, Jimbo had a lot of crappy outros. \"You don't have to be a newlywed to feel like one\" during that test week of NG on ABC was no winner, either.)

That's right up there w/Steve Edwards' close to the Get Rich Quick pilot \"I hope you walk down the street and something happens to you, and you Get Rich Quick!\", w/2nd place going to his opening line \"The name of this show is Get Rich Quick, because the quicker you are, the richer you get.\" :-)

Or maybe Joe Garagiola's \"They struck it rich, and I hope you strike it rich!\"

(Personally, I liked \"Hope everything you're going for hits the Bullseye\"...much better than the other ones, IMO)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2003, 06:27:51 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 02:15 PM\'] Or maybe Joe Garagiola's "They struck it rich, and I hope you strike it rich!"
 [/quote]
 I was willing to let that one pass, because I knew that kickass theme was following it up. :)

(Personally, I liked \"Hope everything you're going for hits the Bullseye\"...much better than the other ones, IMO)

The Undisputed King Of Outros, for my money, is still Kevin O'Connell. \"K.O. for G.O.. We'll see you tomorrow.\" Quick, pithy, to the point. There is no finer. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2003, 11:13:04 PM »
If it were possible, I'd vote for Celebrity Sweepstakes. But I'd be perfectly content if they'd resume running those CBS Joker's Wild shows from the point of interruption.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2003, 09:11:19 AM »
For me, \"Celebrity Sweepstakes\" would probably me my top choice - if the episodes still existed, of course.  \"Whew\" would be second.

As for \"Dating Game\", I'd like to see them run some of the Jeff MacGregor episodes.  It seems strange that in all these years they've never aired even one.  I remember the very first one he did as being very funny...too bad nobody has it.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2003, 09:51:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 08:11 AM\']
As for "Dating Game", I'd like to see them run some of the Jeff MacGregor episodes.  It seems strange that in all these years they've never aired even one.  I remember the very first one he did as being very funny...too bad nobody has it. [/quote]
 One possibility is that GSN never converted the McGregor episodes for airing. Lange's DG is of course the best known version, though they did run Woolery's DG for a couple of years IIRC.

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2003, 09:53:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 09:52 PM\']

Cross-Wits
Dream House
Hitman
Whew!
the All New Dating Game
Name That Tune
Face The Music
Scrabble
Sale Of The Century
Concentration
Classic Concentration
You Bet Your Life

John [/quote]
 They've aired a couple of episodes of Elaine Joyce All New DG and about 40 episodes of ALl New LMAD(1984-85 season, they don't have the 1985-86 season as yet). As for the others, they would be nice to see again, but John C. should remember that SHOULD and DID are two different words/

HSquares2003

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2003, 11:21:02 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 09:53 AM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 09:52 PM\']

Cross-Wits
Dream House
Hitman
Whew!
the All New Dating Game
Name That Tune
Face The Music
Scrabble
Sale Of The Century
Concentration
Classic Concentration
You Bet Your Life

John [/quote]
They've aired a couple of episodes of Elaine Joyce All New DG and about 40 episodes of ALl New LMAD(1984-85 season, they don't have the 1985-86 season as yet). As for the others, they would be nice to see again, but John C. should remember that SHOULD and DID are two different words/ [/quote]
 If they are gonna screw up a new acquistion like they did with H2(marshall version), they should not acquire anything new for awhile. My .03 cents worth.

Pyramid80

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2003, 11:23:17 PM »
Shouldn't the Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour be in the Goodson-Todman package that GSN has now?  Or is it seperate like TPIR?