Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Temptation" clears for fall  (Read 21269 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
"Temptation" clears for fall
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »
Woot. I'm pleased. Best of luck to the show and let's hope it sticks to the old format.

tpirfan28

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 07:36:36 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'142633\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 07:20 PM\']
No "special right" is needed.  Temptation is syndicated -- any station that wants it and is willing to pay for it can have it, assuming that no other station in the market already has the rights.  It's just that in this case, the first stations to pick it up were the Fox-owned MyNetworkTV affiliates.

IIRC the MyTV O&Os also were first to pick up weekend reruns of Desperate Housewives; this isn't at all different.
[/quote]
Ohhhhh....

I was under the impression that ONLY Fox O&O's would get the show.  Didn't realize that it was syndicated.

/hopes Tempatation knocks off some of these judges
//or Rachel Ray
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

dzinkin

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' post=\'142632\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 07:19 PM\']
Though people pleased has they have WWOR on DishNetwork I have read they will be switching off all receivers with the NYC stations out side their official area soon, even if the local station doesnt care.
[/quote]
That only applies to the ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox stations from New York, and it's happened already (December 1, 2006).  WWOR is a superstation, so it's covered under a separate law and Dish can still offer it in any market where the local MyTV affiliate doesn't complain.  (The same goes for WPIX and CW.)

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 07:42:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'142635\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 07:36 PM\']
Ohhhhh....

I was under the impression that ONLY Fox O&O's would get the show.  Didn't realize that it was syndicated.
[/quote]
Don't feel bad, I was confused myself. The article does give off that effect.

I'm hoping for Norfolk's MNTV station to pick this up. They've had Feud since spring 2003, and have given the show good daytime slots. This would be a good companion, esp. being another Fremantle show.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

remlap

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 07:58:11 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'142636\' date=\'Jan 10 2007, 12:38 AM\']
[quote name=\'remlap\' post=\'142632\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 07:19 PM\']
Though people pleased has they have WWOR on DishNetwork I have read they will be switching off all receivers with the NYC stations out side their official area soon, even if the local station doesnt care.
[/quote]
That only applies to the ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox stations from New York, and it's happened already (December 1, 2006).  WWOR is a superstation, so it's covered under a separate law and Dish can still offer it in any market where the local MyTV affiliate doesn't complain.  (The same goes for WPIX and CW.)
[/quote]

Thank you I wasnt sure which stations still have superstation status with what syndicated progammng WWOR has, and WGN and Superstation WGN splitting.

Is KCOP or any other west coast FOX O&O a superstation?

tvmitch

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »
Thought this one might come out as a MyTV-only show, as in it would air weeknights in prime instead of the low-performing novelas they are running now. We get two affils here, although neither are Fox-owned (WPHL 17 from Philly is a Tribune station, and WHP 21.2 is Clear Channel-owned).

Very excited to see this though! Can't wait for it to start. Let the host debate begin.
You should follow me on Twitter

dzinkin

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 08:08:13 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' post=\'142639\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 07:58 PM\']
Thank you I wasnt sure which stations still have superstation status with what syndicated progammng WWOR has, and WGN and Superstation WGN splitting.

Is KCOP or any other west coast FOX O&O a superstation?
[/quote]
Nope -- no Big 4 network O&Os or affiliates are superstations.  The law specifically lists WWOR and WPIX New York, KWGN Denver, KTLA Los Angeles, and WSBK Boston.  All are CW stations except for WWOR (My) and WSBK (independent).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 08:09:55 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'142641\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 05:06 PM\']
Let the host debate begin.
[/quote]
If you've sung the Anthem at a Flyers game this year, dust off your resume tape.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see Jim Peck host the show. He's still in show biz doing commercials and he's handled similar shows before, not to mention familiar to court show fans from his stint on "Divorce Court."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 08:16:08 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 08:25:04 PM »
For hosts, I'd start by looking at newscasters from the FOX/MNTV O&O newscasts. At least it's a good chance to go onto the national landscape.

I just hope potential hosts don't seem reluctant just because this is a MNTV show, like a pride thing or something...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

wheelloon

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 09:25:01 PM »
Glad to hear this indeed... :D

I may have to go begging and pleading to the people I know at the local CBS/FOX station headquarters (they're owned by the same people) to show it. Not that it will probably work, but I really wanna see how it turns out, it'll give me some appointment TV back in the daytime.

Having Sale back in the U.S. is wonderful. IMHO, it's one of the best trivia GS's ever developed...

As for hosts, why am I getting the sneaking suspicion that Ryan Seacrest will be rumored *shudders*...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 09:40:10 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'142648\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 09:25 PM\']
As for hosts, why am I getting the sneaking suspicion that Ryan Seacrest will be rumored *shudders*...
[/quote]
What's wrong with Seacrest? He could actually be a pretty competent pick, and at least he's done game shows before.

/Granted they were kids/teens shows.

comicus

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 09:42:35 PM »
See, now I'm scared.  The same company that did such a horrible job with Match Game and Card Sharks that there can never again be serious talk of a revival for either is now prepared to do something "hip and edgy" with my beloved Sale Of The Century.  I'm as tense as I can be (about a syndicated television show that's still a year away from airing and doesn't actually impact my life one iota no matter what happens).

calliaume

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 09:47:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'142644\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 09:14 PM\']
Personally, I'd like to see Jim Peck host the show. He's still in show biz doing commercials and he's handled similar shows before, not to mention familiar to court show fans from his stint on "Divorce Court."
[/quote]
I like Jim too, but something tells me when they're bouncing host names around, a 63-year-old whose last national program went off 16 years ago and is currently doing AARP spots is not the direction they'll go.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »
Host debate, you say?  Friends, I know who they oughta hire to host Temptation.  Who?

You're talking to him.   No, seriously.  Those who've seen me rock Sale of the Century at the GSC and elsewhere know I have the chops.  All I need is the chance.

/anyone have the e-mail address of the person picking the host?
//yes, I know they probably already have a host, but dammit, I want a shot at it.  :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:58:08 PM by Game Show Man »
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"