Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Temptation" clears for fall  (Read 21266 times)

entguy1

"Temptation" clears for fall
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2007, 03:55:04 PM »
[/quote]
Could someone be bothered to explain exactly how "My Network" works, or exactly what it is?  Perhaps I've been out of the loop too long, but I'm fairly sure that we don't have one here in Iowa.
[/quote]

My Network took the former WB and UPN stations that weren't taken by the CW. If you're in Des Moines, it's the digital channel from KCWI. If you're in the Cedar Rapids market, it's from 9-11 p.m. weeknights. Not sure about Sioux city. I'm in the QC, where it's a LPTV, shown here on Ch. 16 on Mediacom.

dzinkin

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2007, 04:17:03 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'147188\' date=\'Feb 28 2007, 03:55 PM\']
My Network took the former WB and UPN stations that weren't taken by the CW.
[/quote]
That's true in many cases, but not all.  In San Francisco, for example, KBWB was the WB affiliate and KBHK was with UPN; the latter is now the CW station but KBWB is now independent, with former indie (and further back, NBC affil) KRON taking the MyNetworkTV affiliation.

tvwxman

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'147187\' date=\'Feb 28 2007, 03:55 PM\']
It's lineup is cheesy 13-week soap operas (telenovelas), but they're looking to add other programming, such as movies and UFC, I believe.
[/quote]
The telenovela idea ends soon (thankfully). That had dreck written all over it from the beginning.

Beginning soon : two nights of two hour 'telenovelas' (one each one night per week), two nights of movies, and two nights of fightin'.

And understand this : Temptations is NOT a MyNetwork show. It just so happens that Fox bought it for many of their MyNet affiliates, but it's a syndicated show, not a Fox show...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TimK2003

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2007, 09:50:27 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'147195\' date=\'Feb 28 2007, 06:44 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'147187\' date=\'Feb 28 2007, 03:55 PM\']
It's lineup is cheesy 13-week soap operas (telenovelas), but they're looking to add other programming, such as movies and UFC, I believe.
[/quote]
The telenovela idea ends soon (thankfully). That had dreck written all over it from the beginning.

Beginning soon : two nights of two hour 'telenovelas' (one each one night per week), two nights of movies, and two nights of fightin'.

And understand this : Temptations is NOT a MyNetwork show. It just so happens that Fox bought it for many of their MyNet affiliates, but it's a syndicated show, not a Fox show...
[/quote]

As I explain to clients (since I sell for both CBS and MyNetwork -- a low-power station in our neck of the woods), My Network comprises 10% of the programming, while the remaining 90% is locally scheduled.  So I consider a MyNetwork affiliate as pretty much an independent station much like the ones that existed before Fox, UPN and the WB.

tvwxman

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2007, 03:55:24 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'147221\' date=\'Feb 28 2007, 09:50 PM\']
As I explain to clients (since I sell for both CBS and MyNetwork -- a low-power station in our neck of the woods), My Network comprises 10% of the programming, while the remaining 90% is locally scheduled.  So I consider a MyNetwork affiliate as pretty much an independent station much like the ones that existed before Fox, UPN and the WB.
[/quote]
Almost exactly like an independent, except MyNet produces the same amount of programming as UPN and WB did in their heyday (yeah, like they really had a heyday. If they did, they wouldn't have merged). So, it's no different.

*Wait a sec. Did UPN and WB do 7 nights of programming? I don't think one of em did. Anyways, MyNet does 6 nights, not 7, leaving the station to plug the hole on Sunday night.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tyshaun1

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2007, 07:57:40 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'147235\' date=\'Mar 1 2007, 03:55 AM\']

*Wait a sec. Did UPN and WB do 7 nights of programming? I don't think one of em did.
[/quote]

Actually, neither network programmed on Saturdays. For that matter, hardly any network puts on competitive programming on Saturdays.

Tyshaun

uncamark

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' post=\'147239\' date=\'Mar 1 2007, 06:57 AM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'147235\' date=\'Mar 1 2007, 03:55 AM\']

*Wait a sec. Did UPN and WB do 7 nights of programming? I don't think one of em did.
[/quote]

Actually, neither network programmed on Saturdays. For that matter, hardly any network puts on competitive programming on Saturdays.[/quote]

And UPN didn't program on Sunday prime time, either, outside of the one and only season of the XFL.

The CW's current schedule is the same as The WB through most of its history:  Two hours in the late afternoon and two hours in prime time Monday through Friday, five hours on Saturday mornings, two hours late Sunday afternoon and three hours prime time Sunday.

UPN was at the end two hours Monday through Friday.  At various points in its history, it was also one-to-two hours weekday afternoons (the failed "UPN Teens" and the last year of "The Disney Afternoon"), two hours on Sunday mornings (cartoons and "UPN Teens") and a movie that could be inserted anywhere during the weekend.

Right now, MyTV is just two hours Monday through Saturday.  The Fox O&Os are airing "MyGames Fever" in the afternoon weekdays, but that's not on the full network.  "Temptation" will be on Fox-owned MyTV affils in duopoly situations, on Fox-owned Fox affils where they own just one station, and predominately on Fox or MyTV affils everywhere else.

PalCatIN

« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »
I was wondering since the last time this thread was updated in March, and since I didn't see anything in here, does anyone know if there's been an update to the clearance areas to include Indianapolis?

jalman

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2007, 09:32:22 PM »
[quote name=\'PalCatIN\' post=\'163107\' date=\'Sep 8 2007, 08:50 PM\']
I was wondering since the last time this thread was updated in March, and since I didn't see anything in here, does anyone know if there's been an update to the clearance areas to include Indianapolis?
[/quote]
Have you checked this thread?  Somebody may have posted something for Indy.

snowpeck

« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »
Apparently no one has, so by looking at TitanTV, I can tell you WXIN's game show lineup is as follows:

12pm Millionaire
12:30 Millionaire
1pm Crosswords
1:30 Temptation

Greg
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 01:55:09 AM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Justin Dyer

« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »
No Temptation in Atlanta. I've been waiting 18 years for this revival. :( There's always hope it will be picked up at a later date, though.

davidhammett

« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2007, 07:43:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Justin Dyer\' post=\'163153\' date=\'Sep 9 2007, 07:26 PM\']
No Temptation in Atlanta. I've been waiting 18 years for this revival. :( There's always hope it will be picked up at a later date, though.
[/quote]
Looks like things haven't changed much since I left...