Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Up for bids: this fur coat!  (Read 2279 times)

alfonzos

Up for bids: this fur coat!
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:38:38 PM »
Do you think the show will offer furs again? If the show does offer furs again, will there be an uproar?

Am considering buying stock in Dicker & Dicker of Beverly Hills and Zinman so I need to know this.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:46:55 PM »
Not sure about the furs, but I've heard the idea of foreign cars being brought back.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 04:32:37 PM »
Furs aren't in vogue these days, though, are they? I mean, what other game show has given away furs recently? Wheel of Fortune hasn't... wait, Wheel doesn't give away merchandise anymore, just trips. Um... what other recent game show even offers merchandise prizes... well, Deal or No Deal doesn't-- Deal or No Deal is the only...? I need to lie down.

--
Scott Robinson

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'142010\' date=\'Jan 3 2007, 03:46 PM\']
Not sure about the furs, but I've heard the idea of foreign cars being brought back.
[/quote]

On the contrary, I have been told that there would be no consideration of that.

Terry K

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 10:27:38 PM »
With regard to foreign cars, there's an issue of what happens if one of the other two US auto makers get together with Toyota or Nissan.

As it is now, Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge are technically German products (since they're owned by a German company)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 10:31:12 PM »
I feel like this is a rehash of a previous discussion...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Scrabbleship

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 11:00:02 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'142018\' date=\'Jan 3 2007, 04:51 PM\']
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'142010\' date=\'Jan 3 2007, 03:46 PM\']
[/quote]

On the contrary, I have been told that there would be no consideration of that.
[/quote]

The first Gulf War ended 15 years ago. There's no real sensical reason to keep the policy in place this long, especially with one of the Big 3 under foreign ownership and many of the Big 3 products rebadged foreign products which in the past were sold under different names (i.e Chevy Aveo). At that point, it's vain patritoism.

Why do I somehow think that as a condition of his retirement Bob will somehow force Fremantle to keep status quo for a certain number of years? Knowing all that's happened, it isn't implausible.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »
Much as I respect Bob Barker and his role on the current show, I think he will have as much say over the future direction of Price as Bob Stewart.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Casey

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'142222\' date=\'Jan 4 2007, 10:00 PM\']
Why do I somehow think that as a condition of his retirement Bob will somehow force Fremantle to keep status quo for a certain number of years? Knowing all that's happened, it isn't implausible.
[/quote]
Seeing what Fremantle has managed to do to the other classics, I've got to say this isn't the worst thing I've heard in recent days....