Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pet Peeves -  (Read 6074 times)

dheine1971

Pet Peeves -
« on: September 12, 2003, 03:54:40 PM »
What Pet Peeves do you hate about Game Show Network that I also do: Is it the shrinking of fee plugs (classic game shows if kept intact) or end credits for 1, 2, or even worse, 3 split screen GSN promos? Is it the speed ups on 1 part of a classic game show airing? Is it the replacing of fee plugs before the end credits of classic game shows (mostly Match Game/Match Game PM, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Win Lose or Draw, $100,000 Pyramid, and Classic Hollywood Squares - I can't rule out Tom Bergeron's Hollywood Squares) for 1 more commercial break? Is it the upcoming 2 hour weekend video games block? Is it the 3 hour informercial block in early morning? All of the above? Opinions welcome...

Winkfan

Pet Peeves -
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 07:09:40 PM »
What Pet Peeves do you hate about Game Show Network that I also do.....Opinions welcome...
I know I'm gonna get 'verbally kicked in the teeth' for suggesting this, but.....

GSN hasn't retired I've Got A Secret from B&WO. Almost every other B&W show they have has come and gone during that 2-hour block, yet IGaS is STILL on. In fact, they're now showing IGaS episodes that are on their THIRD run since B&WO began; that is, episodes they ran earlier in the B&WO run before GSN started showing them in order. I guess you might call this a case of the 'been-there-done-that blues.'

Cordially (I hope),
Tammy Warner--the 'Michelina Martel of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:59:15 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

urbanpreppie05

Pet Peeves -
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 07:53:34 PM »
I may be in the minority but...

I for one am SICK of seeing these \"I hate GSN because___\" posts. They're EVERYWHERE. (No offense, dheine1971) and it seems that no one is happy with any move GSN makes. Can't we focus on the good of things for once?

Sorry. Rant over.
insert signature here

BrandonFG

Pet Peeves -
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 09:39:40 PM »
[quote name=\'dheine1971\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 02:54 PM\'] What Pet Peeves do you hate about Game Show Network that I also do: Is it the shrinking of fee plugs (classic game shows if kept intact) or end credits for 1, 2, or even worse, 3 split screen GSN promos? Is it the speed ups on 1 part of a classic game show airing? Is it the replacing of fee plugs before the end credits of classic game shows (mostly Match Game/Match Game PM, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Win Lose or Draw, $100,000 Pyramid, and Classic Hollywood Squares - I can't rule out Tom Bergeron's Hollywood Squares) for 1 more commercial break? Is it the upcoming 2 hour weekend video games block? Is it the 3 hour informercial block in early morning? All of the above? Opinions welcome... [/quote]
 Man, we get the point...GSN is getting on your nerves with the speed-ups, split screens, etc. They irritate me as well, but you don't see me complaining every other post. There are things in life more important than GSN.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Card Shark

Pet Peeves -
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 10:47:41 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 07:53 PM\'] I may be in the minority but...

I for one am SICK of seeing these "I hate GSN because___" posts. They're EVERYWHERE. (No offense, dheine1971) and it seems that no one is happy with any move GSN makes. Can't we focus on the good of things for once?

Sorry. Rant over. [/quote]
 I agree. It's a television channel in operation to make money. They're not going to change no matter how much one whines. I don't like what they've done in the last year and change, but I'm certainly not about to advocate any boycotting campaigns or anything like that. I also don't have time to watch it anymore. I used to when I didn't have to work as much. But, life is more than a stupid cable network. Deal with it and don't watch it if you're not happy.
Adam Strom

combsisthebest

Pet Peeves -
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 11:35:00 PM »
I don't like split screens, but it's not just on GSN, it's on all of the networks, and it isn't going to stop, so I get over it (so should you).

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Pet Peeves -
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 01:06:19 AM »
Not to make a obvious observation, but have you noticed that we've had  about 4 different threads in a day with whining about GSN? I agree with the majority, get used to it! It's here to stay!

And now for something completely different... a man with three buttocks!

Nicholas J. Mooneyhan
http://mooneyhan2.home.comcast.net/gameshow/tpir32/

uncamark

Pet Peeves -
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 04:03:55 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Sep 18 2003, 12:06 AM\']And now for something completely different... a man with three buttocks![/quote]
BBC ANNOUNCER:  We interrupt this programme purely to confuse and annoy you.