Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game PM "Burns and Cuts" episode  (Read 5829 times)

dheine1971

Match Game PM "Burns and Cuts" episode
« on: September 12, 2003, 03:43:19 PM »
How come Game Show Network does not air in its Match Game PM episode package the 7th. Match Game PM episode from 1975 that had the \"Burns and Cuts\" fiasco in one of the 2 Super Match parts? That episode is where host Gene Rayburn walked over to the board since Earl the Super Match slider was taking too long to reveal the first BURNS AND _____ response ($100) and then CUTS was revealed - It was said by Richard Dawson! Gene complained \"Earl: Did you tamper with this board??\" Is it too controversial or something like that? I guess a similar thing happened several episodes later with the ADMIRAL ______ thing that with the $500 answer revealed TELEVISION that Gene threatened to fire Earl! (That ADMIRAL TELEVISON Super Match fiasco episode still is part of GSN's Match Game PM rotation)

melman1

Match Game PM "Burns and Cuts" episode
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 04:58:24 PM »
Having seen it, I don't think it was controversial.  Perhaps the tape was destroyed, although I thought GSN copied the original tapes to a new (digital?) format, so they would have had to destroy both the orignal AND their digital copy?

The \"Burns & Cuts\" incident was very similar to the \"Admiral Color TV\" incident, although the latter was a much bigger fiasco, much funnier.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.