Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's Top Ten Game Show Hosts/Marathon  (Read 20520 times)

PYLW

GSN's Top Ten Game Show Hosts/Marathon
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2007, 04:38:37 PM »
Would it be wrong if I were to ask if his "tape list" were on the internet anywhere? I'd love to see what he made up.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2007, 05:10:40 PM »
Here you go. You can see some of what I was talking about a few posts ago. Chuck mentioned at the end of Tom Kennedy's guest spot on "Wheel" (commonly circulated among traders) that next week was Armed Forces week. So he claims to have an episode of that. He also lays claim to several more episodes of "Jackpot" with Geoff Edwards and the entire first hour-long week of TPIR, neither of which (among many other of his "gems") ever surfaced.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tvwxman

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2007, 07:20:45 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'143263\' date=\'Jan 14 2007, 05:10 PM\']
Here you go. You can see some of what I was talking about a few posts ago. Chuck mentioned at the end of Tom Kennedy's guest spot on "Wheel" (commonly circulated among traders) that next week was Armed Forces week. So he claims to have an episode of that. He also lays claim to several more episodes of "Jackpot" with Geoff Edwards and the entire first hour-long week of TPIR, neither of which (among many other of his "gems") ever surfaced.

-Jason
[/quote]
Ha..what a trip down memory lane...

I remember seeing that list for the first time...my jaw had dropped! I immediately sent him off an email looking to trade, and promptly...never heard from him. C'est La Vie.

Like Dixon said....what a way to spend a lot of wasted time, by putting that together!

Does Danny know Adam Kleist by chance? That would be a match made in heaven!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

ChuckNet

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2007, 07:49:55 PM »

Yeah, judging by one of the eps listed, he could be Adam's Celebrity Bowling buddy. :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chcukie Baby")

dzinkin

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2007, 08:40:45 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'143280\' date=\'Jan 14 2007, 07:20 PM\']
[/quote]
In fairness, for the most part Kleist just doesn't pay attention or use common sense; he primarily resorts to dishonesty when he realizes that he's screwed up and doesn't want to admit to it.  It's clear that dishonesty was Danny's intent from the start.

I actually think that Bo Bielefeldt would be a better match for Danny.  I imagine that Phil Newport and Alice Foster would get along great with Davida Baron, Patrick Martin, Spike McLeland, Christian Osbourne, and Scott J. Theis. ;-)

The Pyramids

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2007, 09:04:08 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'143280\' date=\'Jan 14 2007, 08:20 PM\']
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'143263\' date=\'Jan 14 2007, 05:10 PM\']

-Jason
[/quote]
Ha..what a trip down memory lane...

I remember seeing that list for the first time...my jaw had dropped! I immediately sent him off an email looking to trade, and promptly...never heard from him. C'est La Vie.

Like Dixon said....what a way to spend a lot of wasted time, by putting that together!

[/quote]

I'm eager to trade for that first hour episode of 'Wheel' LOL.

PYLW

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2007, 09:44:13 AM »
I don't believe GSN ever even RERAN The Better Sex's finale, so that should've been the first warning signal right there...

And just wow...what a jerk. Did he rip off anyone really badly? Better yet, did he really think he was going to get away with it?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2007, 12:42:26 PM »
I don't believe GSN ever even RERAN The Better Sex's finale, so that should've been the first warning signal right there...

They've never reran the finale.  However, a studio master copy exists in the trade curcuit, so you'd figure that GSN should have it, but they likely would have aired it by now if they did.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

PYLW

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'143350\' date=\'Jan 15 2007, 12:42 PM\']

They've never reran the finale.  However, a studio master copy exists in the trade curcuit, so you'd figure that GSN should have it, but they likely would have aired it by now if they did. [/quote]

Like the situatiuon with the Showoffs episode floating around?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2007, 10:37:01 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'143334\' date=\'Jan 15 2007, 09:44 AM\']

And just wow...what a jerk. Did he rip off anyone really badly? Better yet, did he really think he was going to get away with it?
[/quote]

I seem to remember him being called out on the old FLASHgames board for being a bad trader, and then launching into an obscenity laced tirade that got him banned...so I'm sure he has ripped off others badly.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Allstar87

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2007, 11:54:31 PM »
Oh lord, I remember that. Guy was a grade-A jerk. And if you actually look at his Game Show Paradise, you'll notice that just about every picture on there was stolen from another site. To think I actually considered trading with him...

My favorite Danny Voisine moment was when someone asked him how he had the "premiere week" of the original Beat The Clock when it was a weekly show. He replied that it was because he had 5 different copies of the same episode. :P