Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's Top Ten Game Show Hosts/Marathon  (Read 20503 times)

PYLW

GSN's Top Ten Game Show Hosts/Marathon
« on: December 16, 2006, 02:59:29 PM »
...We'll be seeing the Card Sharks game show host tournament and the week of syndicated Family Feud where they played. This sounds interesting. I'd personally like to see this. Any thoughts?

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 03:39:06 PM »
So where will Leslie Uggams rank? :)
@lambertman

PasswordPluster

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 01:44:26 AM »
The best in that ad is the strike on Family Feud and the
look and voice of Bert Parks yelling, "OH NO!!!!"

MrBuddwing

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 01:21:13 PM »
One of the reasons I mourn the loss of practically all episodes of "PDQ": There was a week when the "home team" celebrities were Peter Marshall and Tom Kennedy, and the "challenger" team was helmed by Monty Hall. That's right - four game show hosts on the same game show (including Dennis James).

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 01:38:59 PM »
[quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' post=\'140887\' date=\'Dec 18 2006, 01:21 PM\']
One of the reasons I mourn the loss of practically all episodes of "PDQ": There was a week when the "home team" celebrities were Peter Marshall and Tom Kennedy, and the "challenger" team was helmed by Monty Hall. That's right - four game show hosts on the same game show (including Dennis James).[/quote]
There's a great week of Tattletales from 1974 with Bill & Ann Cullen, Allen Ludden and Betty White, and Chuck Woolery and Jo Ann Pflug.  Counting Convy, that's five game show hosts on the same game show, although two of them wouldn't become hosts until later. (Woolery hadn't started Wheel yet, much less left it.)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 02:19:13 PM »
There's a week of Match Game pictured in the first EOTVGS that has both of those shows beat. The panel is Peter Marshall, Brett Sommers, Dick Martin, Elaine Joyce, Bill Cullen, and Betty White. Counting Gene, that's six emcees.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 04:07:12 PM »
There's also a long-lost episode of Cross-Wits from the late '70s that had four game show hosts as panelists.  I recall seeing the listings in old TVGuides - I think they were Allen Ludden, Peter Marshall, Art James and Tom Kennedy.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

cweaver

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 04:50:42 PM »
Here's something I ran across on GSN a few weeks ago (though, unfortunately, not quickly enough to hit "record").  On the Ray Combs Family Feud, Bob Barker, Rod Roddy and three of the models (two were Janice and Holly) took on cast members of The Young and the Restless...one of whom was Doug Davidson.

Don Howard

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 09:37:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'140888\' date=\'Dec 18 2006, 01:38 PM\']
(Woolery hadn't started Wheel yet, much less left it.)
[/quote]
He left? When did this happen? You see, all this talk about Bob Barker stepping down and Chuck's resignation fails to make the news. Is Rolf just filling in or does he have the gig? Yoyds!
As for The Cross-Wits, while I don't recall the week described by Ian in an earlier post, I do remember a week of Crosswits from late 1986 where the celebrity guests were Tom Kennedy, Peter Tomarken, Bob Goen and Jim Peck (who told the story about The Big Falldown). Including David Sparks, that's four hosts.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 09:51:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'140938\' date=\'Dec 18 2006, 06:37 PM\']
I do remember a week of Crosswits from late 1986 where the celebrity guests were Tom Kennedy, Peter Tomarken, Bob Goen and Jim Peck (who told the story about The Big Falldown). Including David Sparks, that's four hosts.
[/quote]
I lol'd.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 09:57:33 PM »
I think I have it right here. Hollywood Squares Game Show Week back in 2002 had 8 game show emcees:

Bob Eubanks, Jim Lange, Wink Martindale, Chuck Woolery, Charles Nelson Reilly (Sweethearts), Jimmie Walker (Matchmaker), Peter Marshall, & of course Tom Bergeron.

--Jamie

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 10:36:32 PM »
What about NBC's "Shamrock Sweepstakes" from March of 75?  All of NBC's hosts at the time, all on the set of "Celebrity Sweepstakes."!  Plus Bill Armstrong announcing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 10:38:55 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 12:18:19 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'140940\' date=\'Dec 18 2006, 09:51 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'140938\' date=\'Dec 18 2006, 06:37 PM\']I do remember a week of Crosswits from late 1986 where the celebrity guests were Tom Kennedy, Peter Tomarken, Bob Goen and Jim Peck (who told the story about The Big Falldown). Including David Sparks, that's four hosts.
[/quote]I lol'd.[/quote]Don gets a gold star.  Not for making Lemon lol, but for creating this new word:
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 18 2006, 06:37 PM\']Yoyds![/quote]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 12:18:43 AM by GS Warehouse »

trev17ian

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 10:39:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'140903\' date=\'Dec 18 2006, 04:07 PM\']
There's also a long-lost episode of Cross-Wits from the late '70s that had four game show hosts as panelists.  I recall seeing the listings in old TVGuides - I think they were Allen Ludden, Peter Marshall, Art James and Tom Kennedy.
[/quote]

What other shows will be in the marathon?

PYLW

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 11:33:51 AM »
[quote name=\'trev17ian\' post=\'141610\' date=\'Dec 28 2006, 10:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'140903\' date=\'Dec 18 2006, 04:07 PM\']
[/quote]

What other shows will be in the marathon? [/quote]

Uhh...Cross-Wits won't be in the marathon. Just Family Feud and Card Sharks.