Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brace yourself -- it's Dave  (Read 18086 times)

entguy1

dzinkin

Brace yourself -- it's Dave
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »
Fair warning to any member considering doing harm to himself/himself over this: if you kill yourself, we will revoke your posting privileges immediately.

tpirfan28

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 01:29:10 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'140602\' date=\'Dec 15 2006, 01:25 PM\']
Fair warning to any member considering doing harm to himself/himself over this: if you kill yourself, we will revoke your posting privileges immediately.
[/quote]
Umm...possible "Line of the Day" consideration here?

How reliable are these people anyway?  I haven't heard anything from them in the past.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

TonicBH

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 01:31:53 PM »
I'm taking some salt (covered on pretzel sticks) with this one. Yeah, replace a famous game show host with an inept television host who has to read cue cards. That will go over well.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 01:33:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' post=\'140605\' date=\'Dec 15 2006, 01:31 PM\']
I'm taking some salt (covered on pretzel sticks) with this one. Yeah, replace a famous game show host with an inept television host who has to read cue cards. That will go over well.
[/quote]

Oh, but it *has* to be true, I read it on Wikipedia too! Wikipedia is *always* right. :)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 02:05:11 PM »
I wonder if they would ever consider moving Price to NY or even Atlantic City so Dave wouldn't have to commute every week.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 02:14:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'140616\' date=\'Dec 15 2006, 01:05 PM\']
I wonder if they would ever consider moving Price to NY or even Atlantic City so Dave wouldn't have to commute every week.
[/quote]
Why?  If Chenbot can do the news from L.A. while hosting BB, Price can do the weather from L.A. as well.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

whewfan

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 04:32:57 PM »
Well, maybe to make Dave feel more at home, all the TPIR pricing games will be played on a green screen :-)

PYLW

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 04:35:13 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'140603\' date=\'Dec 15 2006, 01:29 PM\']

How reliable are these people anyway?  I haven't heard anything from them in the past. [/quote]

I'd consider as a New Yorker, for Newsday to be a bit more of a reliable source than the other papers here.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:38:27 PM by PYLW »

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 04:49:44 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'140647\' date=\'Dec 15 2006, 04:35 PM\']
I'd consider as a New Yorker, for Newsday to be a bit more of a reliable source than the other papers here.
[/quote]
When I was in New York, I preferred it to the post, being it seemed like the more professional paper.

/Then again, so did my high school's newspaper.
//And that's saying a LOT!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:50:34 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 04:57:48 PM »
From the article:

I hear he'll handle "Early" from Monday through Thursday, then fly to the coast for the game show tapings on Friday.

I have a feeling that he heard wrong... or maybe this was just made up?

There is no way they could produce enough episodes a year by only taping on Friday. They can't tape more than two shows in one day as it is, given the crowds that turn out on Monday.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:58:15 PM by NicholasM79 »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 05:19:02 PM »
At the tryout last week, it was said they did three shows in one day.  If they did two more shows on Saturday, Dave could fly back on Sat. Eve, enjoy Sunday in NY and be ready for the Early Show on Monday morn.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 05:39:03 PM »
"...and is considered a key to the morning show's success."

If you're deluded enough to consider The Early Show a "success", or that a competent but unknown weather reader is "key" to that success, I guess you can delude yourself into thinking just about anybody is a decent game show host.

Simple Q test:  Say "Al Roker", and people know who that is.  Say "Dave Price" and people don't know who that is.  Outside of a little publicity mileage out of the cute name coincidence, this would be a big shoulder-shrug for most folks.  Even if he's good (and if he was even good, wouldn't someone have come forward and told us?) this doesn't register as a morning TV story the way the hirings of Meredith Viera and Rosie O'Donnell did.

Also, honestly, if this really was a done deal, I would expect that it would have been leaked at Golden Road or here first.  There are people on both forums (especially G-R) who are better connected to TPIR than a beat reporter on the wrong coast.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tpirfan28

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 05:48:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'140665\' date=\'Dec 15 2006, 05:39 PM\']
Also, honestly, if this really was a done deal, I would expect that it would have been leaked at Golden Road or here first.  There are people on both forums (especially G-R) who are better connected to TPIR than a beat reporter on the wrong coast.
[/quote]
Our roving TPiR Reporter Don Howard would have broken the news.  Remember one October 31?  Yup.  He was the first on the scene.

/he'll be here sometime, hopefully
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

NickS

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 06:09:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'140665\' date=\'Dec 15 2006, 04:39 PM\']
Simple Q test:  Say "Al Roker", and people know who that is.  Say "Dave Price" and people don't know who that is.  Outside of a little publicity mileage out of the cute name coincidence, this would be a big shoulder-shrug for most folks.  Even if he's good (and if he was even good, wouldn't someone have come forward and told us?) this doesn't register as a morning TV story the way the hirings of Meredith Viera and Rosie O'Donnell did.[/quote]

Bless your heart for pointing this out; this is what's going to affect DoND's syndie sales.  If someone were to say "Howie Mandel" or "Marc Curry," who would be picked off the bat?  Name recognition will bring you to the plate, the game will keep you there.