Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TV Land's top 100 TV quotes/catchphrases...  (Read 10996 times)

uncamark

TV Land's top 100 TV quotes/catchphrases...
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 05:25:18 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'139786\' date=\'Dec 6 2006, 04:19 PM\']
And the rankings.... I don't have a problem with most of the top 10...but COD! should replace #3 on that list....
[/quote]

So Johnny O's in between Walter Cronkite and Michael Buffer.  Talk about strange bedfellows...

tpirfan28

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »
General thoughts on the list...

#47 -- "How YOU doin'?" (Joey Tribbiani, "Friends")
#46 -- "Is that your final answer?" (Regis Philbin, "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire")
#45 -- "Read my lips: No new taxes!" (George H.W. Bush)
That's a sandwich on Reege's part if I've ever seen one.

I agree that "Come on DOWN!" should have been higher.

One on that list (no GS related)....#57 -- "Do you believe in miracles?" (Al Michaels, 1980 Winter Olympics).  Definitely should have been higher.  That was just more than a hockey match...it was the good guys (US) vs. the bad guys (USSR) in a really touchy diplomatic time.

My two cents.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 06:07:06 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'139788\' date=\'Dec 6 2006, 02:32 PM\']
One on that list (no GS related)....#57 -- "Do you believe in miracles?" (Al Michaels, 1980 Winter Olympics).  Definitely should have been higher.  That was just more than a hockey match...it was the good guys (US) vs. the bad guys (USSR) in a really touchy diplomatic time.
[/quote]
I remember watching that game. I was 9 years old, and not even the die-hard hockey fanatic that I am now.

It was truly something. And not even the gold medal game!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 06:58:26 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'139788\' date=\'Dec 6 2006, 02:32 PM\']
[/quote]

And as the lone sports call on the list, it should be higher. Although I'd want to make room for Brent Musburger's ever-popular "you are looking live."

"You're fired" in the top five? Good heavens. And I'm a Peanuts fan, but "good grief" isn't memorable from television but the strip.