Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How "TTTT" Was a Pundit's Heights  (Read 1018 times)

uncamark

How "TTTT" Was a Pundit's Heights
« on: December 06, 2006, 08:21:28 PM »
John Solomon of NPR's "On the Media" was sent to a program that trains journalists how to be obnoxious cable news pundits.  Interestingly enough, Solomon's only previous television experience was as an imposter on "To Tell the Truth" as a child.    His piece on his experience for "OTM" begins with a generous helping of his "TTTT" appearance, with cameo appearances from Nipsey Russell, Bill Cullen and Garry Moore--and Nipsey and Garry are referred to later in the piece (transcript with link to audio file):

http://www.onthemedia.org/transcripts/2006/11/24/07

The sound of the "TTTT" clips is amazingly clear--I wonder if NPR and WNYC got Fremantle to send them a dub of the original episode.  However, where the hell did they get the copy of the theme they played--that sure sounds tinny.

Matt Ottinger

How "TTTT" Was a Pundit's Heights
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:22:29 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'139806\' date=\'Dec 6 2006, 08:21 PM\']The sound of the "TTTT" clips is amazingly clear--I wonder if NPR and WNYC got Fremantle to send them a dub of the original episode.  However, where the hell did they get the copy of the theme they played--that sure sounds tinny.[/quote]
I was driving home from Thanksgiving vacation, minding my own business, when I caught this segment a couple weeks ago on the air.  How cool to hear a Cullen reference in the least expected of places!

The poor-quality theme was really odd, especially since it's readily available on an easily locatable CD.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.