Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What games should be played on Bob Barker's last show  (Read 8360 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
What games should be played on Bob Barker's last show
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2006, 12:37:50 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'139454\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 04:47 PM\']The only request I would make is to play Any Number last.  Start with it, end with it.  The only way to do it.[/quote]Why? There are roughly 70 or so ways to end the 'pricing game' portion. Your statement is fallacious.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2006, 12:42:22 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'139482\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 09:37 PM\']
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'139454\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 04:47 PM\']The only request I would make is to play Any Number last.  Start with it, end with it.  The only way to do it.[/quote]Why? There are roughly 70 or so ways to end the 'pricing game' portion. Your statement is fallacious.
[/quote]
It's fallacious, but not for that reason. He's saying, since Any Number was the very first pricing game ever played, to make it the last one would bring everything full circle.

The problem is that the show's not going off the air after this episode. There will still be TPiR after this show is over. It'll be okay, folks. Really.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2006, 12:54:05 AM »
Just have Bob and Dave co-host and do a transition mid-show....maybe have Bob hand over the mic to Dave with a quick ditty: "For all the shows you love the best...Keep your eyes on CBS"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Neumms

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »
Wouldn't it be neat if they got Janice and Anitra to model that day? Never happen, of course, but it would be neat.

uncamark

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »
Right now, the only thing we know is that there will be the prime time tribute to Barker (which I assume will be May sweeps fodder).  How they will handle his final show--we'll have to see when the time comes.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2006, 05:01:03 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'139538\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 01:58 PM\']
Right now, the only thing we know is that there will be the prime time tribute to Barker (which I assume will be May sweeps fodder).[/quote]
Never happen, but I'd kill to see it be a roast. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2006, 05:09:16 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'139539\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 05:01 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'139538\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 01:58 PM\']
Right now, the only thing we know is that there will be the prime time tribute to Barker (which I assume will be May sweeps fodder).[/quote]
Never happen, but I'd kill to see it be a roast. :)
[/quote]

Oh, man, the possibilities for that one are WIDE open...........

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2006, 08:01:39 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'139417\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 07:15 AM\']If I had my druthers, I'd play:

Shower Game
It's Optional
On the Nose
Bullseye I
The Gallery Game
Give or Keep
[/quote]
Syd Vinnedge IS Professor Price.

Just have Bob and Dave co-host and do a transition mid-show....maybe have Bob hand over the mic to Dave with a quick ditty: "For all the shows you love the best...Keep your eyes on CBS"
Geez Louise, you've already awarded the job to someone who has never been seen on the air in the capacity of game show emcee.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:04:42 PM by chris319 »

NickS

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2006, 08:17:30 PM »
The more and more I think about it, the more and more this could be either an OK transition or a transition on the level of Jane Pauley to Deborah Norville.

Sorry to be a realist, but there's not going to be a smooth transition.  For the show's sake, I hope it does.  However, this isn't "Today" we're talking about here.

Sorry that I'm grumpy about this, but that's what listening to Boers and Bernstein the day after a losing Bears' win gets you.

/By cracky.
//Hey Buddy.
///Bench Rex.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2006, 09:34:57 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'139560\' date=\'Dec 4 2006, 07:17 PM\']
Sorry that I'm grumpy about this, but that's what listening to Boers and Bernstein the day after a losing Bears' win gets you.

/By cracky.
//Hey Buddy.
///Bench Rex.
[/quote]
All two of us who understand the references thank you.  :)

/There may be more--not sure how many Chicagoans who actually listen to them we have.  Or maybe it's just me.  :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 01:24:00 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

J.R.

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2006, 02:20:19 AM »
You know, as long as it's a good and entertaining show, I don't think it'll matter what pricing games will be played. I think for a lot of people, just being one of the lucky last few to share the stage with Barker will far outweigh any prizes they may or may not win.  

I have to say, though, I don't think I've ever looked forward nor been this excited to see a "farewell" episode (In a sense. In this case, it is a "farewell" to an era) ever. I'm really curious to see how it will all be done!

-Joe R.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:22:39 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

That Don Guy

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2006, 01:02:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' post=\'139453\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 07:41 PM\']
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' post=\'139451\' date=\'Dec 3 2006, 08:34 PM\']
This brings up a bit of a problem - unless they decide to have Bob's replacement do new episodes for the summer months, how do they do "Bob's last episode" in May if Bob-hosted episodes keep airing until September?  (Well, maybe then can show episodes from the length of the run and call it The Best Of TPIR.)  
[/quote]
I think a 'best of Price' all summer is the appropriate and right thing to do.  Make each week of the summer a best of a given year, with the last week being 2006 and the last of the shows.
[/quote]
Er, either summer needs to be 35 weeks long, or one year per week is going to be a problem...

Here's another idea: they should set a few episodes aside for "clip shows" where they show every retired game, as well as current games that were significantly different originally, either in rules (for example, the original version of Punch-A-Bunch with the Ones / Tens / Hundreds / Thousands slips - I don't mean things like "you can have digits 7-0 in Dice Game") or in set (or example, the Ferris wheel for Pick-A-Pair); since they don't need showcases or showcase showdowns, they can air nine pricing games (maybe ten, if they get rid of the IUFBs as well) per day.
My first thought was to use the debuts of each game, but for all I know, at least one game had a fur coat as a prize in its debut.

-- Don

tpirfan28

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2006, 06:56:17 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' post=\'141476\' date=\'Dec 26 2006, 01:02 PM\']
Er, either summer needs to be 35 weeks long, or one year per week is going to be a problem...

Here's another idea: they should set a few episodes aside for "clip shows" where they show every retired game, as well as current games that were significantly different originally, either in rules (for example, the original version of Punch-A-Bunch with the Ones / Tens / Hundreds / Thousands slips - I don't mean things like "you can have digits 7-0 in Dice Game") or in set (or example, the Ferris wheel for Pick-A-Pair); since they don't need showcases or showcase showdowns, they can air nine pricing games (maybe ten, if they get rid of the IUFBs as well) per day.
My first thought was to use the debuts of each game, but for all I know, at least one game had a fur coat as a prize in its debut.

-- Don
[/quote]
Hmm...I would be happier with full shows rather than clips.  Heck, most of the interesting stuff that has been either shortened or cut over the years (talking w/contestants before the IUFB, Bob's opening monologue, classic ticket plugs, the mid-show bumper...all that stuff) is really the classic stuff I'm more interested in.

I haven't seen many classic episodes of "Price" since, well, before Season 30...I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 5 classic shows (one from '75, '77, '82, '83, and sometime in the '90's.)  I'm sure I've seen many more in the '90's and early 2000's, but my memory is not that good.

And to expand on your last point...several games.  Any Number, Bonus Game, Double Prices (all episode #1), Clock Game, Double Bullseye (previously stated as "2 Player Bullseye", "2 Player Auction"), Money Game, and Give or Keep (last two I believe) to name a few...
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2006, 08:25:12 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'141499\' date=\'Dec 26 2006, 06:56 PM\']
And to expand on your last point...several games.  Any Number, Bonus Game, Double Prices (all episode #1), Clock Game, Double Bullseye (previously stated as "2 Player Bullseye", "2 Player Auction"), Money Game, and Give or Keep (last two I believe) to name a few...
[/quote]

Actually, I don't think that's what Don's saying...he's referring to the pricing games themselves, while you're talking about entire episodes.  I can confirm that no first playings of games up through at least Money Game involved fur coats.

Neumms

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2006, 12:49:15 PM »
All that seems like too much work for them. Best to leave it to entire episodes--maybe even just one corker of an episode for each year. If CBS did that, it would be more than we could hope for.