Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The game's the same  (Read 9889 times)

PartingGift

The game's the same
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2003, 04:28:11 PM »
The bonus round on Lingo is very similar to the main game.

(I am referring to the current version of Lingo, hosted by Chuck Woolery.  I don't know if this would be true for any previous versions of Lingo.)

uncamark

The game's the same
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2003, 06:10:45 PM »
The bonus round on Lingo is very similar to the main game.
(I am referring to the current version of Lingo, hosted by Chuck Woolery.  I don't know if this would be true for any previous versions of Lingo.)

In the original North American version (and I believe in the French Canadian version), the first part of the end game was played similarly.  However, once you got to the Lingo board you were trying *not* to get a Lingo.  Under the rules, I seem to recall that the more words you got, the higher the potential value of the round--but, of course, the more likely you were going to get a Lingo, making it difficult to win big money.

Winkfan

The game's the same
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2003, 06:49:18 PM »
I just now remembered a few more shows with 'bonus rounds' that, in a way, resembled the main game. There was the end game of Talkabout, but with their version of the 'isolation booth' thrown in. The Newlywed Game had their '25-point bonus question,' of course; and Second Honeymoon also had a 'final question.'

Correct me if I'm wrong on these matters.

Cordially,
Tammty Warner--the 'Margo Moser of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The game's the same
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2003, 07:51:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jun 20 2003, 03:49 PM\'] The Newlywed Game had their '25-point bonus question,' of course; and Second Honeymoon also had a 'final question.'
 [/quote]
 Now I think we're reaching a little, tho, 'cuz those aren't really endgames. And if we're gonna count those, the line forms to the left, with Final Jeopardy holding the next number on the Now Serving board...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

The game's the same
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2003, 02:46:06 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 20 2003, 06:51 PM\'] Now I think we're reaching a little, tho, 'cuz those aren't really endgames. And if we're gonna count those, the line forms to the left, with Final Jeopardy holding the next number on the Now Serving board... [/quote]
 Except that FJ! isn't that close to the format of the rest of Jeopardy! All three contestants answer, they write their answers, they have 30 seconds to answer, and they wager (and can wager less than $5).
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin