The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

The game's the same

(1/4) > >>

ITSBRY:
First topic started in the new digs.  I must say...I like the look and feel of the place much better than eZboard.  Just one request for the front door...can you put Bill's \"testimonal\" back up? (Bill Cullen says, \"...).  Seriously, for the ba-gillionth time, thanks Matt and Chris for providing my favorite online time waster! :-)  On the rare occassions that I peek into the hell that ATGS has become, it makes me all the more grateful that the sane bunch has found a home here.

Anyway....onto the topic.

After watching some old HR episodes, it dawned on me that the front and end games are essentially exactly the same (remove 9 numbers and avoid bad rolls) and I couldn't think of any other show where this was the case.  Of course, I'm probably missing something obvious but I thought I'd toss it out there to see who could jog my memory.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

hines2000:
The original Password I think would qualify . . . how about the \"Bonus Stunt\" on the first version of Beat The Clock?
Now You See It, Make Me Laugh, and Knockout were all pretty close.

clemon79:
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 04:22 PM\'] and I couldn't think of any other show where this was the case. [/quote]
 The Jackpot round on Go comes immediately to mind, as does the car game on Classic Concentration. How about the Gold Run on Blockbusters? Only difference is multi-letter answers.

You could prolly also count Fast Money on the Feud (guess the most popular answer) as well, if you're willing to allow it the same conceits you did for High Rollers.

And I'm sure there are a boatload more that I'm not thinking of immediately

DjohnsonCB:
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 06:22 PM\'] On the rare occassions that I peek into the hell that ATGS has become, it makes me all the more grateful that the sane bunch has found a home here.

[/quote]
 My feelings exactly!

Winkfan:
There's also the Golden Medley from Name That Tune. (Guessing tune titles, only guess seven of them in 30 seconds.) And let's not forget the Super Match from Match Game '7X as well. (Celeb and contestant fill in the same BLANK.)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Margo Moser of the Big Board!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version