Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF Wild Card  (Read 5021 times)

nate80s

WOF Wild Card
« on: November 07, 2006, 07:58:41 PM »
The day someone gets to use the wild card will be the day someone wins $1,000,000 on Deal or no Deal.  Players should not lose the wild card when they land on bankrupt.  It could take months before we get to see someone actually use the WC.  Players get to keep the free spin when landing on a bankrupt.  Why should they lose the wild card?
Just a thought.

Nate

whewfan

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:04:24 PM »
Here's what I think...

I think the bonus round wheel should also have some "wild card" wedges, but only if nobody gets the wild card in the main game.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WOF Wild Card
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »
I don't think I could be more confused right now.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 09:20:14 PM »
I still don't get why they introducted that Wild Card anyway.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WOF Wild Card
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 10:41:52 PM »
I feel like I'm in a first-person version of "Which Of These Things Is Not Like The Other"...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 03:53:25 AM »
This whole Wild Card thing is beginning to sound like a bad idea in the first place.  Why bother incorporating it in the first place anyways?  Besides, the Wild Card will eventually get used so be patient gang.

The rule regarding forefeiting the Wild Card on a Bankrupt is really gonna be the death knoll to that feature unless they change it so that it's just a token peice that's not tied in with cash just like a Free Spin.  If we go the rest of the season without a Wild Card use, SCRAP IT!

GSmaniac

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 07:53:32 AM »
Do you also notice how Pat keeps forgetting to take the Wild Card away after a player hits Bankrupt?  I think everything said so far is right and I'm afraid that the Wild Card is going to go the way of the Puzzler and Double Play.

cmjb13

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 01:46:41 PM »
They still had it at last weeks tapings.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Robert Hutchinson

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 04:58:23 PM »
For all I know, they're editing these sorts of things out (on Wheel? NO!), but I've been left wondering a couple of times why the Wild Card doesn't get mentioned at points during the maingame when a contestant might want to use it.

And, Mr. President, a related follow-up: can you use a Wild Card after hitting a "$1000 Mystery Wedge", if you choose not to pick it up? One of those non-mentions I saw a few days ago.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Steve McClellan

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 08:10:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Nov 8 2006, 04:58 PM\']can you use a Wild Card after hitting a "$1000 Mystery Wedge", if you choose not to pick it up? One of those non-mentions I saw a few days ago. [/quote]
Yes. The Wild Card could be used on an un-picked-up Mystery Wedge (for $1000 only; no chance to turn it over after the second call) or the Jackpot space ($500 only, no jackpot win on second call).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:10:55 PM by Steve McClellan »

chad1m

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 07:54:12 PM »
What the....

Can someone explain to me the point of using the Wild Card RIGHT after you pick it up, when it is worth only $500 (The fifth-lowest amount on the wheel)?

Robert Hutchinson

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 08:02:48 PM »
If I didn't know better, both regarding A) Wheel's lead time on taping and B) the average savvy of Wheel's contestants, I'd say they were getting rid of the accursed thing as soon as they could.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BrandonFG

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 08:05:52 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'139064\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 07:54 PM\']
What the....

Can someone explain to me the point of using the Wild Card RIGHT after you pick it up, when it is worth only $500 (The fifth-lowest amount on the wheel)?
[/quote]
I saw something last week, where a lady had the Card, then hit $3,500. She got a letter or two on her first guess, but she either neglected to use the Card or called a letter that there was only one of instead of going for multiple letters. She might've used the Card on a lower amount, but either way, I remember shaking my head at the cluelessness.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:06:50 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bandit_bobby

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 10:58:53 PM »
From time to time, we can expect people to fizzle out under pressure in the maingame, when they use the Wild Card, despite the fact that they land on a low dollar amount the last time they spun the wheel. Doing such a thing can be understandable, however, if you are aware of a extremely good contestant next to you.

How the heck I know when the Wild Card is supposed to be taken away from contestants more than Pat Sajak does is beyond me. No wonder why he hasn't gotten an Emmy nomination in a while, when he forgets these things.

tpirfan28

WOF Wild Card
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 11:06:51 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'139078\' date=\'Nov 28 2006, 10:58 PM\']
From time to time, we can expect people to fizzle out under pressure in the maingame, when they use the Wild Card, despite the fact that they land on a low dollar amount the last time they spun the wheel. Doing such a thing can be understandable, however, if you are aware of a extremely good contestant next to you.

How the heck I know when the Wild Card is supposed to be taken away from contestants more than Pat Sajak does is beyond me. No wonder why he hasn't gotten an Emmy nomination in a while, when he forgets these things.
[/quote]
What I have bolded in this quote is the most mental thing I've ever heard in an extrememly long time.  It's a new feature of the game.  Just because he forgets to get the card from them doesn't automatically say he a crap host and never deserving of an Emmy nomination in the future.  Lay off of him.  Seriously.

Anyway...veering back on the topic at hand...I think it comes down to the fact that oppotunity hasn't presented itself to use the Wild card to catch a leader with an obsurdely large lead, which is really sad.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 11:07:37 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"