Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combination Lock preview  (Read 17116 times)

Brig Bother

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 06:26:04 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'136938\' date=\'Nov 5 2006, 03:06 AM\']
If you're talking about Ross King, I think that was from about ten years ago.
[/quote]

Although he's a big old important weatherman on a US local news station these days. If Pat Sajak can do it!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 06:26:29 AM by Brig Bother »

NickS

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 09:10:55 AM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' post=\'136965\' date=\'Nov 5 2006, 06:46 AM\']
we litterally tossed around close to 100 names when it came to hosts...who would you choose to host Lock?  The format is completely different from the PC game and the pilot that is floating around...but I'd be curious who you would see in the role!

Would love to hear what you all think...

Johnny
[/quote]

Here's what I think:

A) I'm not playing the Rich List for possible CL hosts.

B) I think it would help if you let us in on how the format is 'completely different' than the PC game.  What strikes me is "Hey, support my game but I can't divulge any information on it."  I think the board would be happy to be 100% behind you, but you haven't divulged your answer and you're pointing out that it's Sony/King World's fault.  Completely frustrating IMO.

Jimmy Owen

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2006, 09:22:59 AM »
Kind of pointless to speculate since the host has been chosen, but I would hope you would stay loyal to Ross King and have him host the series.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tyshaun1

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2006, 09:24:24 AM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' post=\'136965\' date=\'Nov 5 2006, 07:46 AM\']

Would love to hear what you all think...

Johnny
[/quote]

So........ you want us to choose a host for a show that we know absolutely nothing about, going as far as to put the clamp down on folks who've actually seen some info?

Yeah, good luck with that.
My choice: Chuck Norris.

Tyshaun

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Combination Lock preview
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2006, 10:30:04 AM »
I will agree with making us guess who's hosting CL...its pointless. We know absolutely nothing that's going on about either the show or the host...its like knowing where the weapons of mass destruction are (see: "Baghdad Bob").

As Tyshaun said, good luck with that.
And my guess: Lil' Jon (and I've not had any crunk juice).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:33:51 AM by Strikerz04 »

dzinkin

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2006, 10:40:08 AM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' post=\'136965\' date=\'Nov 5 2006, 07:46 AM\']
Tell ya what, since we seem to be getting a little crazy here...instead of bashing me for not telling...
[/quote]
You're not being criticized for not telling (and thanks for evading again, just as I predicted), you're being criticized for playing your usual I-know-something-you-don't-know game, strong-arming others into playing along, and hiding behind Sony's lawyers to do it.

Other insiders, who have had far more inside information at their fingertips than you, often post to this board yet do not play that game here.  I wonder why that is?  Perhaps they don't feel a desperate need to be the center of attention?  Perhaps they're secure in the knowledge that their projects are, you know, actually good and don't need to be held together with manufactured anticipation?

Like Mr. Lemon, I don't personally care who the host is either (my nominee: Todd Russell).  But b.s. is b.s. and too many of us on this board can smell it a mile away.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:40:59 AM by dzinkin »

Matt Ottinger

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 10:46:27 AM »
[quote name=\'MrGameShow\' post=\'136953\' date=\'Nov 5 2006, 12:16 AM\']
Not sure why there's a big ruffling of feathers that John won't reveal a PILOT host.[/quote]
John shouldn't.  I completely get that and have from the beginning.  And if he's asked a friend as a favor not to reveal what he saw at a Wheel taping, then we ought to respect that as well.

Still, the only thing worse than saying "I have something, but I'm not sharing" to the game show community is to say "I know something, but I'm not telling."  It's assumed when someone is in a professional position, like John, Randy and a few others here, that there are secrets they're bound to keep.  When I'm told something by one of those people that's meant to be a secret, I keep it to myself.  That didn't happen here, and this is the result.

And yeah, John, your last post basically said that while you can't give us any information about the show, you think it would be fun to watch us speculate wildly about it.  If an average fan had posted that, it still would have been pointless but at least it would have been genuine.  When a producer who already knows the correct answer and isn't going to say posts it, you have to realize it comes across pretty badly.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tvmitch

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 10:48:21 AM »
This whole thing is very middle school to me, like passing notes in class and whatnot. Kinda felt sad after spending five minutes catching up on this thread this morning. I'll get more excited once the show gets picked up, which of course I hope it does.
You should follow me on Twitter

cweaver

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 11:05:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'136972\' date=\'Nov 5 2006, 11:46 AM\']
Still, the only thing worse than saying "I have something, but I'm not sharing" to the game show community is to say "I know something, but I'm not telling."  It's assumed when someone is in a professional position, like John, Randy and a few others here, that there are secrets they're bound to keep.  When I'm told something by one of those people that's meant to be a secret, I keep it to myself.  That didn't happen here, and this is the result.[/quote]

If, however, an entire studio audience saw this (and I can't fathom Sony trying to shut them up and if they did, I can't see it being enforceable) then this is bound for a trade paper in the very near future.  When that happens I really don't see anyone on the board seriously listening to anyone imploring us to still keep it quiet.  At that point it would be the equivalent of going outside on a beautiful day and trying to beg people to keep quiet about the color of the sky.  

As a reporter I get requests all the time to keep something off the record and of course I would look foolish if I tried to get our anchors to go on the air and sing "We know something you don't!"  But I do keep it off the record always with the same caveat: if it becomes public in some other form the deal is off and I run with it, or if said person pipelines it to a competitor while still trying to keep me quiet (and that has happened several times), there's living hell to pay in the end for screwing me like that.

tpirfan28

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 11:16:43 AM »
I just hope the show gets picked up, along with Joker.  Heck, add Deal in the mix, and maybe game shows can start knocking off those talkers (Rachel Ray?  That crazy woman from Will and Grace?  Geeez....).

And if we are thowing names into the hat, I'll go out on that limb and say...

...this will be the GLORIOUS RETURN of one certain person...

...I'd GO watch...

...KEVIN O'CONNELL!

/and you would too...admit it
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Combination Lock preview
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »
I asked him not to devulge that information at this time and I thank Christopher for respecting that request. I know you're all anxious to know, but right now we have to keep this information low profile.
So let's see ... The entire audience at that WOF taping knows who the host is, but we're not supposed to find out?
Has Sony officially instructed you not to divulge information which is now known to an entire WOF audience or are you just jerking the members of this board around? This whole hush-hush business sounds like bullshit to me, particularly given your posting history here.

I have reason to believe Wink Martindale is involved in either Joker or Lock.

you all are going to love this show WHEN it debuts...WHEN not IF
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The big IF is IF it sells at NATPE in January. The halls of past NATPE conventions are littered with dead game show pilots.

cweaver

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2006, 12:44:53 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'136942\' date=\'Nov 4 2006, 11:16 PM\']
EDIT: I re-worded and organized some of the stuff on the Wiki page so it's cleaner and not as confusing.
[/quote]

Thank you for that, it did help.

cweaver

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2006, 12:50:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'136949\' date=\'Nov 5 2006, 12:16 AM\']
Right, building interest and excitement in an unproven format. Brilliant.
[/quote]

I think you hit that right on the head.  That's exactly what they're trying to do, get us to help them generate positive buzz on something almost totally unknown and unproven.  The only way I would do that is if I knew any established vets involved with the show and I'm not allowed even that.  Nice try guys.

joshg

Combination Lock preview
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2006, 01:54:11 PM »
I thought Chuck Henry wasn't going to host another game after 'Now You See It'. The things you learn...
Call me crazy... but I'm not interested in this show one way or another. Joker, maybe... unless they screw with it.
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Combination Lock preview
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2006, 03:33:53 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' post=\'136991\' date=\'Nov 5 2006, 12:04 PM\']
<Sigh> Oh well, I tried!
[/quote]
To manipulate this board's membership into giving you a little free pub, without giving us any kind of hint as to whether that pub is deserved?

Yeah, you tried.

Well done on not falling for it, troops.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe