Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cram picked up for another season...  (Read 6485 times)

whampyl03

Cram picked up for another season...
« on: September 10, 2003, 12:29:24 AM »
The Article: http://www.tvgameshows.net/column.htm

On cable, Game Show Network will produce new episodes of Lingo and Cram but all of its other originals are up in the air for renewals. Food Network is offering Trivia Unwrapped, which is entertaining but needs to be a five-a-week show to gain continuity with viewers.

Well, this stinks. (for me at least...)

Let's prey that this is just mis-information.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 01:11:22 AM »
I think Todd may be getting to the point in his career where he's too busy for Whammy!.

Sounds like a win-win situation :)
@lambertman

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 01:23:47 AM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Sep 9 2003, 11:29 PM\']
On cable, Game Show Network will produce new episodes of Lingo and Cram but all of its other originals are up in the air for renewals.

Let's prey that this is just mis-information.
I HOPE he's wrong about this tidbit on his page tonight...... Bergeron HS will replace Marshall HS airings on weekends. That sucks if it is true(even though they're in the fourth or fifth cycle of the 150 or so they picked up).

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 11:45:36 AM »
I HOPE he's wrong about this tidbit on his page tonight...... Bergeron HS will replace Marshall HS airings on weekends. That sucks if it is true(even though they're in the fourth or fifth cycle of the 150 or so they picked up).

I wonder if that means Marshall HS won't be seen on GSN anymore.  I'd be surprised if that happened - in the beginning Cronin was on record as saying he was happy with the way it was performing.  I guess ratings may have taken a dive (which can happen when they run the same group of episodes over and over.  And over.)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 12:08:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 10:45 AM\']

I wonder if that means Marshall HS won't be seen on GSN anymore.  I'd be surprised if that happened - in the beginning Cronin was on record as saying he was happy with the way it was performing.  I guess ratings may have taken a dive (which can happen when they run the same group of episodes over and over.  And over.) [/quote]
 Well, Millionaire coming on October 12th(which is a SUnday) means something will probably get the boot. Anyone want to speculate on what does. THen of course, there's the video game block whenever that will begin, which hasn't gotten promoed as yet.

catnap1972

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 12:19:51 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 12:08 PM\'] Well, Millionaire coming on October 12th(which is a SUnday) means something will probably get the boot. Anyone want to speculate on what does. [/quote]
I can't imagine their slotting it anywhere other than primetime (7 and midnight), so make a guess based on that.

Anyone think they might intend on using it for a \"big money\"/interactive block (it, WL, Greed, and 21) from 8 and midnight on weekends?  Everyone says that 21 is a one shot deal, but I don't believe they're going to let it collect dust.

I'll go out on a limb and predict this:

7pm Lingo
7:30pm Cram  (since these were the only two with confirmed renewals)
8pm WL
9pm Greed
10pm 21
11pm Millionaire

(rinse and repeat after midnight in some order)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 12:24:36 PM by catnap1972 »

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2003, 01:16:26 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Sep 9 2003, 11:29 PM\']The Article: http://www.tvgameshows.net/column.htm

On cable, Game Show Network will produce new episodes of Lingo and Cram but all of its other originals are up in the air for renewals. Food Network is offering Trivia Unwrapped, which is entertaining but needs to be a five-a-week show to gain continuity with viewers.

Well, this stinks. (for me at least...)[/quote]
He didn't say \"renewal.\"  He said that they're producing or showing new episodes, which for now is still true.  Whether they'll get the third flight hasn't been *officially* announced yet.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2003, 03:26:32 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 11:08 AM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 10:45 AM\']

I wonder if that means Marshall HS won't be seen on GSN anymore.  I'd be surprised if that happened - in the beginning Cronin was on record as saying he was happy with the way it was performing.  I guess ratings may have taken a dive (which can happen when they run the same group of episodes over and over.  And over.) [/quote]
Well, Millionaire coming on October 12th(which is a SUnday) means something will probably get the boot. Anyone want to speculate on what does. THen of course, there's the video game block whenever that will begin, which hasn't gotten promoed as yet. [/quote]
 Ummmm when was it announced Millionaire was coming?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2003, 03:36:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 02:26 PM\'] Ummmm when was it announced Millionaire was coming? [/quote]
Apparently there was a commercial for it during the PYL block today.  I didn't see it and forgot to tape the block, but there was a post about WWTBAM's arrival in the \"Show Summaries\" section.

Doug--soon to celebrate 100 posts
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 03:37:53 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)