Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Total Television sets maximum $ale Jackpot  (Read 8414 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Total Television sets maximum $ale Jackpot
« on: June 17, 2003, 06:55:46 PM »
Hello everybody!

First off, let me give thanks to both Matt \"The Swinger\" Ottinger and Cool Chris C. for giving me the first class ticket to our new home! I am grateful! In my inaugural post, I have a question to ask of you, the group.

Are any of you familiar with the book Total Television? I have read the book and read some information on $ale of the Century and read that the maximum potential winnings on that show was (an astounding) $310,000.

Does anyone have an idea how TTV even devised a ballpark figure like this?

This post is now open to all theories.

The Inquisitive One
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 06:56:21 PM by TheInquisitiveOne »

hines2000

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 07:14:03 PM »
I wonder if that maximum total takes into account the growing Jackpot?

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 07:45:40 PM »
Total Television by ALex McNeil is not the most reliable game show book. I don't know how they got that figure of $310K myself. The same book says there was a syndicated version of Card SHarks in 1982 and a syndie Match Game in 1985, when at the time some stations were running reruns of Perry CS and SYndie daily MG.

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 08:43:12 PM »
Total Television by ALex McNeil is not the most reliable game show book. I don't know how they got that figure of $310K myself. The same book says there was a syndicated version of Card SHarks in 1982 and a syndie Match Game in 1985, when at the time some stations were running reruns of Perry CS and SYndie daily MG.

And not only that, I believe they also said Bill Cullen hosted PDQ after Dennis James.

David

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 09:54:09 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 03:55 PM\'] Does anyone have an idea how TTV even devised a ballpark figure like this?
 [/quote]
 A dartboard, would be my guess. As Zach said, TTV isn't exactly renouned for it's accuracy in the game show field.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Card Shark

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 11:05:28 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 06:45 PM\'] Total Television by ALex McNeil is not the most reliable game show book. I don't know how they got that figure of $310K myself. The same book says there was a syndicated version of Card SHarks in 1982 and a syndie Match Game in 1985, when at the time some stations were running reruns of Perry CS and SYndie daily MG. [/quote]
 I believe that in regards to the Card Sharks info in this book, it also says that the \"big difference\" between the 1978-81 run and the 1986 revival was the \"introduction\" of the survey questions on the '86 version. No, certainly not the most reliable information. But, I sure loved the 1982 syndie version.
Adam Strom

ChuckNet

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 11:56:21 AM »
A dartboard, would be my guess. As Zach said, TTV isn't exactly renouned for it's accuracy in the game show field.

Nope...also, the $otC entry makes no mention of Summer Bartholomew, never mind that she was the hostess who was w/the show for most of its run.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 12:02:56 PM »
Problem with most of the game show entries is that he never bothered to update many of them after the 1984 1st Edition of the book.

Note how he points out CNR was a regular on MG '90 but makes no mention of any regulars on '7X.

-Chris Lambert!
gameshowpage.com
@lambertman