Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Show Me The Shatner"  (Read 30982 times)

BrandonFG

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2006, 03:17:40 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'137670\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 02:29 PM\']
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'137656\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 12:56 AM\']
(what's wrong with our education systen if we can't teach quality corriculum around here)
[/quote]
Magical.
[/quote]
If you ever need a definition of irony, it's in Karlberg's comment.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'137673\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 02:31 PM\']
I'll watch on Tuesday.  I'll even give this the benefit of the doubt.  I won't be going to Hooters with WeatherMatt, though, 'cause he'll be at home with wife and new baby.  (Won't he?)
[/quote]
Maybe. Maybe not. Kid doesn't seem to want to come out.

Question for the parents around here : Do I get in trouble if I tell the doctors to wheel the tv into the delivery room too if she pops out around 9:30 PM Tuesday night?

(Answer for everyone here who already is sour on SMTM : No, I don't really intend to share the birth of my child with Shatner and the Million Dollar Dancers..... though talk about an above average Sweeps stunt!)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

dzinkin

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2006, 04:31:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'137682\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 04:26 PM\']
I'll watch on Tuesday.  I'll even give this the benefit of the doubt.  I won't be going to Hooters with WeatherMatt, though, 'cause he'll be at home with wife and new baby.  (Won't he?)
[/quote]
[/quote]
I'm sure little Zachary Horan Scott will be out before too long.

(diving for cover)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2006, 04:51:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'137682\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 01:26 PM\']
[/quote]
And it's a she? Hmmm. :)

/if I knew how difficult it would be to get back in, I wouldn't have come out either. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickS

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'137682\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 03:26 PM\']
[/quote]

Question for the parents around here : Do I get in trouble if I tell the doctors to wheel the tv into the delivery room too if she pops out around 9:30 PM Tuesday night?

(Answer for everyone here who already is sour on SMTM : No, I don't really intend to share the birth of my child with Shatner and the Million Dollar Dancers..... though talk about an above average Sweeps stunt!)
[/quote]

Yes.  That's what a TIVO is there for. ;)

Now if you had said Hooters waitress in the delivery room, that's a different story.

MikeK

• Martha!
"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2006, 06:35:46 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'137682\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 04:26 PM\']Maybe. Maybe not. Kid doesn't seem to want to come out.[/quote]
AHA!  So YOU'RE the one of us who's not a virgin!

/ I'm-a gonna go to Hell when I die...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 06:37:12 PM by MikeK »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2006, 11:02:37 PM »
if I knew how difficult it would be to get back in, I wouldn't have come out either.
A number of people on this board have difficulty coming out. Email me for names.

Do I get in trouble if I tell the doctors to wheel the tv into the delivery room too if she pops out around 9:30 PM Tuesday night?
If your daughter is born with a scroll in her hands, I'm calling the Enquirer.

I'm-a gonna go to Hell when I die...
I'll see you there!

cweaver

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2006, 12:59:56 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'137689\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 07:35 PM\']
AHA!  So YOU'RE the one of us who's not a virgin![/quote]

Make that two of us.  There's living proof I got lucky at least twice in the early '90s.

Clay Zambo

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2006, 07:48:17 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'137682\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 04:26 PM\']
[/quote]

Not nearly as much as if you say to your wife, while walking toward the waiting room, "Look, the kid waited this long, she can wait 'til my show is over."
czambo@mac.com

TimK2003

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2006, 10:20:50 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'137682\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 05:26 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Heck no, if she is in the delivery room when SNtM is on, just keep making comments on how hot some of those dancers are, and your wife will push that kid out so fast, they'll need a nurse standing by on the opposite side of the room with a catchers mitt!

Then deny any of this had happened when her drugs wear off.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2006, 11:07:53 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'137722\' date=\'Nov 13 2006, 07:20 AM\']
Heck no, if she is in the delivery room when SNtM is on, just keep making comments on how hot some of those dancers are, and your wife will push that kid out so fast, they'll need a nurse standing by on the opposite side of the room with a catchers mitt!
[/quote]
"Okay, Mrs. Stone, get ready to push again..."

"Goddamn. I'd hit that with the force of an angry god."

"HUUUUUAGHHH!"

"Okay, honey! Breathe! He-he-he-he-he-he!"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cweaver

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2006, 11:51:02 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'137682\' date=\'Nov 12 2006, 05:26 PM\']
[/quote]

Ouch!  You want to do that with a woman in the worst pain of her life lying nearby screaming for an epidural?  The only thing worse than what she'll eventually do to you is the abject embarrassment when the show in question turns out to be a dud.   I know women who would kill if it were game 7 of the World Series and the local team is in it.

You should have felt the living hell I went through just for accidentally dozing off in a chair at three in the morning when my daughter was getting ready to arrive.  Add a TV show to the mix and I don't think I'd be alive now.

Neumms

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2006, 12:22:55 PM »
[quote name=\'cweaver\' post=\'137726\' date=\'Nov 13 2006, 11:51 AM\']
You should have felt the living hell I went through just for accidentally dozing off in a chair at three in the morning when my daughter was getting ready to arrive.  Add a TV show to the mix and I don't think I'd be alive now.
[/quote]

"What is feng shui?" I'll always remember Final Jeopardy from when our daughter was born. (That was early in labor, however, and before the real effort started.)

If "Whew!" was on when the baby came, wouldn't that be appropriate. Some people might even say ironic.

TimK2003

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2006, 01:58:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'137728\' date=\'Nov 13 2006, 01:22 PM\']

If "Whew!" was on when the baby came, wouldn't that be appropriate. Some people might even say ironic.
[/quote]

I'd like you to meet 10 of the most Obese Obstetric Assistiants of the delivery room ever to stand between a man and his newborn.  And here....they....are!

<minutes later...>  

CHARRGE!,....er, I mean PUSH!

uncamark

"Show Me The Shatner"
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2006, 04:16:08 PM »
I'm not going to submit myself to the carnage until I come home tomorrow night and fire up the DVR, but I'm curious--in the clip online is the canned Male Voice Yelling "YEAH!" heard and how many times?  I've lost track of how many times Bob LaMasney punches that in on "DOND" and "1 vs. 100."

And someone should tell LaMasney and/or Endemol that the viewers are going to notice that same voice on every episode sooner or later--this isn't NBC daytime 25 years ago, when you could get away with that "YA-HOO!" loop.