Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: “Price” taping question  (Read 4029 times)

narzo

“Price” taping question
« on: October 04, 2006, 01:42:58 AM »
While watching the Tuesday show I couldn’t help but notice, and be distracted by, the 3 tools sitting in the front row, to the right of the fourth contestant.  During the first half of the show they were being as obnoxious as possible, especially the first guy who was waving and moving around the actions of the player so he was always in the shot.  His buddies were doing their best to get in every shot and one guy was a bit overly friendly almost in his congratulating of one contestant.

During the second half it was like they had been slipped a drug in their water they were so quiet, almost looking depressed.  Very much like a child who had been told to “knock it off or I'm telling your parents”.  

Question is, do the pages or someone with the show tell people in the audience when they need to tone it down a bit?  Again these guys looked like they were yelled it they changed so much.  I’ve not been to a taping so I’m just wondering

Gus

“Price” taping question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:53:35 AM »
This is kinda funny to hear, because sitting next to them on their left, the viewers' right, were Travis Schario and myself. I was #001. I got there at 12:30. The guy in seat 3 was there at about 12:45, and Travis was there at 12:50ish. Then 003's buddies came along once they found a spot to park in. They were obnoxious like that the ENTIRE time in line that morning. Perhaps the hyperactivity just wore off during the taping. I didn't notice any pages commenting on their behavior in particular.  I was too busy watching the show myself to notice them.

Shameless plug time: I'm also on the 10/5 show with the GSC contingent. BJ Brown, myself, and Mike Klauss are sitting right next to each other in the third row back, toward the left. Other folks y'all may know are down the line as well.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:56:07 AM by Gus »

narzo

“Price” taping question
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 02:09:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'133387\' date=\'Oct 4 2006, 12:53 AM\']
This is kinda funny to hear, because sitting next to them on their left, the viewers' right, were Travis Schario and myself. I was #001. I got there at 12:30. The guy in seat 3 was there at about 12:45, and Travis was there at 12:50ish. Then 003's buddies came along once they found a spot to park in. They were obnoxious like that the ENTIRE time in line that morning. Perhaps the hyperactivity just wore off during the taping. I didn't notice any pages commenting on their behavior in particular.  I was too busy watching the show myself to notice them.

Shameless plug time: I'm also on the 10/5 show with the GSC contingent. BJ Brown, myself, and Mike Klauss are sitting right next to each other in the third row back, toward the left. Other folks y'all may know are down the line as well.
[/quote]

I thought I recognized a couple of our own! :)

Congrats on your ability to put up with them, something about me after I turned 30 (years ago) that I want to hurt people like that obnoxious group.

We'll all watch for you...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 02:10:10 AM by narzo »

aaron sica

“Price” taping question
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »
I actually remember seeing on GSN (had it on tape, although I don't remember if I still do) a 70's hour-long where Bob actually, ON AIR, bluntly told someone in the audience to be quiet.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
“Price” taping question
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 04:00:46 PM »
Never saw that myself; though when in the audience, I did get a dirty look from Bob after I finished a sentence for him during the commerical break before the showcase.

me: "... A Professional Ooo-er!"
him: (eyes made of daggers)

'twas so worth it though.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
“Price” taping question
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 04:04:40 PM »
I remember one taping where I was head page in which there were two small groups of people (I don't think they knew one another) who were seated on either side of the front row and were independently being enormous nuisances. They were hugging and nearly moshing any contestant that was called down, severely hindering anybody's progress into or out of Contestants' Row. During the first three act breaks, I was down there every time, warning one or both groups to knock it off. It wasn't until each of them received their second "strike" -- and I told them that if I had to come down there again, it would be to remove them from the studio -- that they finally behaved.

If the production staff notices and if it impedes the contestants or the show, then they'll tell the pages to get the audience members to cut it out. Since that guy in the yellow shirt started off by blocking the first contestant from ascending the stairs and later showed no signs of life at all, I suspect that that's what happened.

--
Scott Robinson

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
“Price” taping question
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 05:17:14 PM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'133385\' date=\'Oct 4 2006, 01:42 AM\']especially the first guy who was waving and moving around the actions of the player so he was always in the shot.[/quote]

I actually found that amusing for the one round where I actually noticed.

You know, I wonder if half the crap would stop if they just switched the VIP section to the front row.
This signature is currently under construction.

Steve Gavazzi

“Price” taping question
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 09:06:13 PM »
I remember six or seven years ago, someone in the audience was trying to yell out advice during Clock Game, and Bob actually told the pages to remove him on the air.  I suppose it could have been a joke, but he certainly didn't sound like he was kidding.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:06:56 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

uncamark

“Price” taping question
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 01:09:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'133503\' date=\'Oct 4 2006, 08:06 PM\']
I remember six or seven years ago, someone in the audience was trying to yell out advice during Clock Game, and Bob actually told the pages to remove him on the air.  I suppose it could have been a joke, but he certainly didn't sound like he was kidding.
[/quote]

Not "TPIR," but I remember a "Pyramid" where Dick Clark was doing his usual back rub/calming words to the contestant in the Winner's Circle and saying "...and in one minute from now you'll have $25,000."  An idiot in the audience starts screaming "OW!"  WHOO!"  and Clark lets out the loudest "SILENCE!" I ever heard on television.

I had the feeling that during the commercial break, Clark tried to hunt out the guy and give him a piece of his mind.

aaron sica

“Price” taping question
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 02:06:11 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'133561\' date=\'Oct 5 2006, 01:09 PM\']
Not "TPIR," but I remember a "Pyramid" where Dick Clark was doing his usual back rub/calming words to the contestant in the Winner's Circle and saying "...and in one minute from now you'll have $25,000."  An idiot in the audience starts screaming "OW!"  WHOO!"  and Clark lets out the loudest "SILENCE!" I ever heard on television.

I had the feeling that during the commercial break, Clark tried to hunt out the guy and give him a piece of his mind.
[/quote]

The only time I've ever seen Clark come close to losing his composure was that week in '83 with Tony Danza on " The New $25,000 Pyramid", where his behavior earned him a one-way ticket out of Pyramid never to be invited back again.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:09:14 PM by aaron sica »

Adam Nedeff

“Price” taping question
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 02:16:59 PM »
I recall a Match Game where somebody in the audience was doing this loud, exaggerated "HO HO HO" laugh after every question until Gene finally walked to the edge of the set as the panel was writing and said something like "The fake laughter is starting to get annoying. Knock it off."