Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Teen Primetime TPiR?  (Read 10831 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 11:40:19 PM »
[quote name=\'ilovetpir\' post=\'142670\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 11:07 PM\']
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'142667\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 08:58 PM\']
He's posting this stuff over at BigJon's forum too. He's not getting the hint in either places.
[/quote]

I'm just getting people's different opinions. I know it may not happen, but hey, it could.
[/quote]

Maybe this might help?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 11:49:14 PM »
Totally unworkable idea for television, but if your teacher would allow it, you could make it a class project for extra credit.  Ask your teacher if you could host, or let her do it if she wants to. Bring in some items or pictures of items and see if any of your classmates can come close to guessing the prices.  After ten minutes or so you would see that teens have no awareness of how much things cost.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

urbanpreppie05

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 11:56:02 PM »
Not why...but How? As in, how does this keep showing up? (Not just here, but on Golden-road too)
insert signature here

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 12:06:12 AM »
A public message to "ilovetpir": You sir, are the best at spending other people's imaginary money that I've ever seen. In all of my years of lurking and posting, I have never seen anyone put up ideas that are so clearly grounded in fantasy with no concept of economics, a budget, or how many times a kid is going to get his ass kicked when he rolls onto his high school campus in a brand new Lincoln Town Car.

Excelsior to you, good sir. You are truly one of the great ones when it comes to assigning random numbers to imaginary ideas.

/For those who want the Cliff Notes version, "My, but spending other people's money is fun!"
//Chris, you'll get your penny royalty when we meet up for Friday night gaming.
Travis L. Eberle

ilovetpir

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 12:15:36 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'142681\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 10:06 PM\']
how many times a kid is going to get his ass kicked when he rolls onto his high school campus in a brand new Lincoln Town Car.
[/quote]

You guys are right. It'll never happen. I was wondering. I'm sorry.

And about your quote, does that mean that a kid who drives up to his middle school in a candy-apple red Corvette would get beaten up out of jealousy?

Kevin Prather

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 12:44:57 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'142681\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 09:06 PM\']
/For those who want the Cliff Notes version, "My, but spending other people's money is fun!"
//Chris, you'll get your penny royalty when we meet up for Friday night gaming.
[/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 01:02:02 AM »
For some reason, I was already a member, so at least I didn't have to sign up again. (Oh, right, I remember. I was going to try and help the guy out with material for his games.)

For those who aren't members, don't bother. It's, well, I'm not sure what it is. I do know that the people who think this is a passable idea are in love with it, and those who don't think that the former group are high as kites. And their "signature banners" are way too big. (For that matter, I think a signature banner at all is overkill, but that's just me.)

For those in the know, who is the guy in the "Aw, jeez..." picture? Kinda looks like a bewildered Art James...

EDIT: Gol-lee, I'm a dumbass. I didn't even read to the end of the thread. It's worthwhile just to see two of our intelligent posters laying the smack down long and thick.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 01:07:31 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

jmangin

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 08:42:24 AM »
[quote name=\'ilovetpir\' post=\'142682\' date=\'Jan 10 2007, 12:15 AM\']
Does that mean that a kid who drives up to his middle school in a candy-apple red Corvette would get beaten up out of jealousy?
[/quote]

If you are DRIVING YOURSELF to middle school, you have more serious things to worry about other than getting your ass kicked for having a Corvette.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:45:15 AM by jmangin »

aaron sica

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2007, 09:21:20 AM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'142701\' date=\'Jan 10 2007, 08:42 AM\']
If you are DRIVING YOURSELF to middle school, you have more serious things to worry about other than getting your ass kicked for having a Corvette.
[/quote]

Not necessarily...When I was in 8th grade there was a girl in our class who turned 16 that spring and got her license and drove to school.

jmangin

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'142706\' date=\'Jan 10 2007, 09:21 AM\']
[/quote]
Not necessarily...When I was in 8th grade there was a girl in our class who turned 16 that spring and got her license and drove to school.
[/quote]

I think you're missing the point.  Being able to drive yourself to school when you are in 8th grade is nothing to brag about.

People who can do that most likely drop out of school and are forced to live a life consisting of posting inane, pointless and repetitive threads on various message boards with moronic topics such as Price is Right episodes for teen contestants...even sometimes including fictionalized results.

Scrabbleship

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 10:19:34 AM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'142709\' date=\'Jan 10 2007, 09:57 AM\']
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'142706\' date=\'Jan 10 2007, 09:21 AM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I think you're missing the point.  Being able to drive yourself to school when you are in 8th grade is nothing to brag about.[/quote]

For the most part, yes, however there are cases where it can be excused such as severe illness that screws up one's education in their early years or if there were severe problems in early childhood. I know cases where people have struggled early on due to undiagnosed problems or were held back in some form and then became a great student regardless.

I'll top that by a case I knew: In middle school there was someone who was 13 and in 5th Grade due to waiting a year for Kindergarten, an illness that wiped out a year, and repeating a grade. Had he not been bumped up a grade mid-year, he'd have been elgible to get his license early on in 8th Grade. Then again, he was moved up and eventually dropped out...

Back to the topic, the whole concept is so funny that it's good for a laugh for inane purposes. It'd make a good TV spoof or a project for a high school (or even college) class though to show how out of touch with financial reality teenagers (and even the lower end of 20somethings) are.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 11:45:45 AM »
God, my aching head.

/cue second reference to OG,NTSA guy
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2007, 12:32:26 PM »
This topic should be earmarked for when the mods want to discuss why this board needs an entrance exam.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2007, 03:25:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'142677\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 08:49 PM\'] After ten minutes or so you would see that teens have no awareness of how much things cost.[/quote]Be careful using sweeping generalizations like that. Teenagers that have a small amount of pocket money very much know how much things cost.

And I wouldn't be so quick to offer up "no awareness" when you can tune in to CBS on a regular basis to see adults that have no clue what things cost. The door swings both ways.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Teen Primetime TPiR?
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2007, 03:41:42 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'142745\' date=\'Jan 10 2007, 12:25 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'142677\' date=\'Jan 9 2007, 08:49 PM\'] After ten minutes or so you would see that teens have no awareness of how much things cost.[/quote]Be careful using sweeping generalizations like that. Teenagers that have a small amount of pocket money very much know how much things cost.
[/quote]
While your point is well-taken, I'll point out that the OP seems to think he can get a PS3 for less than $300.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe