Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which Game Show Library would you like to see on GSN?  (Read 16836 times)

uncamark

Which Game Show Library would you like to see on GSN?
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfreak82\' post=\'129925\' date=\'Aug 31 2006, 08:47 AM\']
True but don't forget they ran GO a few times.  Why not Blackout or Rodeo Drive?
[/quote]

Because until 2001 they had unlimited rights to use "Go!" and have relatively-easy access to it today.  "Blackout" or "Rodeo Drive" would have to be negotiated--and I don't know if Wolpert or someone else has the rights to those shows.

And it's been well-established that they are not going to pony up money for 15-year-old titles that the general viewer has never heard of.  When you're programming to channel surfers, you have to have familiarity to get their attention.  Some old game show they've never heard of with hosts they don't really recognize ("Oh, it's that 'Entertainment Tonight' guy--it's that woman that used to be on Carson with the impressions") won't cut it.  I'm not knocking the shows--I'm just stating the way things are.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »
True but don't forget they ran GO a few times.  Why not Blackout or Rodeo Drive?
[/quote]
There's no correlation between GO and BLACKOUT/RODEO DRIVE.  GO was a Bob Stewart show, not Wolpert.

Doug -- and the countdown to 2200 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'129628\' date=\'Aug 29 2006, 03:12 PM\']
Would seem to me that Chuck Barris could make a mint putting clips or whole eps of NEWLYWED, DATING and GONG on DVD (although music clearances could also be an issue--don't forget that one of the prinicpal reasons WKRP hasn't seen the light of day on DVD is music clearances).
[/quote]
Wasn't there some kind of Newlywed Game VHS put out around 1998?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2006, 02:43:17 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'129953\' date=\'Aug 31 2006, 01:30 PM\']
[/quote]
There's no correlation between GO and BLACKOUT/RODEO DRIVE.  GO was a Bob Stewart show, not Wolpert.[/quote]
The connection is that Blackout, Rodeo Drive, and Go all ran for 13 or so weeks.

Addressing Mark's statement about the rights to Blackout and Rodeo Drive, Wolpert has those.  And if I ever win Mega Millions, I'll do whatever I have to do to get Whew!  "You want $2,000,000 for Whew?  (Hypothetical number there.)  I wipe my ass with that amount of money, Burt." :-)

/ 1.  Buy Whew!'s rights
//  2.  ?????
///  3.  PROFIT!

BrandonFG

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2006, 04:08:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'129957\' date=\'Aug 31 2006, 02:08 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'129628\' date=\'Aug 29 2006, 03:12 PM\']
Would seem to me that Chuck Barris could make a mint putting clips or whole eps of NEWLYWED, DATING and GONG on DVD (although music clearances could also be an issue--don't forget that one of the prinicpal reasons WKRP hasn't seen the light of day on DVD is music clearances).
[/quote]
Wasn't there some kind of Newlywed Game VHS put out around 1998?
[/quote]
Yes...I wanna say around 1996. I remember Bob Eubanks plugging it on Jim J. Bullock and Tammy Faye's (Bakker) talk show. Although Tammy Faye might've left the show by that point.

/Strange combo
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Eric Paddon

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2006, 06:36:40 PM »
Does anyone know what exists of Ralph Andrews produced shows?    I know I'd love to see whatever exists of "Celebrity Sweepstakes" and "You Don't Say" (all versions), plus maybe finally the Allen Ludden hosted episodes of "Liars Club".