Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which Game Show Library would you like to see on GSN?  (Read 16831 times)

cweaver

Which Game Show Library would you like to see on GSN?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 07:38:33 PM »
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'128748\' date=\'Aug 23 2006, 06:29 PM\']
[I think the reason THS went off GSN at all was it got poor ratings. But yes, I would like to see it again, and maybe we will if the 50 Greatest was any signal.
[/quote]

I thought the reason the ratings declined was rerun abuse; they only had 120 episodes and reran them several times a day.  Then again I also heard some of the GSN honchos had issues with the demos it pulled, which would pretty much be a permanent death knell.  I would love to be proven wrong about that.

--Richard

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 07:52:34 PM »
[quote name=\'cweaver\' post=\'128752\' date=\'Aug 23 2006, 07:38 PM\']
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'128748\' date=\'Aug 23 2006, 06:29 PM\']
[I think the reason THS went off GSN at all was it got poor ratings. But yes, I would like to see it again, and maybe we will if the 50 Greatest was any signal.
[/quote]

I thought the reason the ratings declined was rerun abuse; they only had 120 episodes and reran them several times a day.  Then again I also heard some of the GSN honchos had issues with the demos it pulled, which would pretty much be a permanent death knell.  I would love to be proven wrong about that.
[/quote]

According to your site classicsquares.com, the reason was that it failed to apply to the younger demos. GSN also said that those younger demos had no idea who the celebs from THS even were.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 08:34:49 PM by --Richard »

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 08:42:06 PM »
In this age that the younger crowd is becoming more and more adept to using the internet, if they really wanted to know who the celebrities were, they could just Google it.

Before you spit your drink out, I know that's improbable, but it's what I usually do if I don't recognize a name.  It's not just that the younger crowd doesn't know who they are, it's that they probably don't WANT to know who they are.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 08:42:25 PM by NicholasM79 »

cweaver

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 10:57:12 PM »
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'128753\' date=\'Aug 23 2006, 06:52 PM\']
According to your site classicsquares.com, the reason was that it failed to apply to the younger demos. GSN also said that those younger demos had no idea who the celebs from THS even were.
[/quote]

That's the info I always had, the idea of "rerun abuse" is strictly a theory on my part.  The reruns, from what I understand, did start out with high ratings that eventually declined.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 12:39:47 AM »
I'd like to see the library they had on Win Ben Stein's Money. Probably a lot of classic books in that one.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 02:32:08 AM »
I'd like to see the W.T. Naud library (kidding)...in all seriousness...the Grundy shows would make me a happy man.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 02:32:33 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 04:05:36 AM »
Grundy and Barry-Enright...or at least TJW and TTD.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cweaver

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 09:40:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'128844\' date=\'Aug 23 2006, 11:39 PM\']
I'd like to see the library they had on Win Ben Stein's Money. Probably a lot of classic books in that one.
[/quote]

...probably hiding Kimmel's stack of Playboys.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 01:47:12 PM »
GSN also said that those younger demos had no idea who the celebs from THS even were.

Same could be said for other '70s shows that GSN has aired.  Back then I didn't even know why some of them were famous - other than being professional game show panelists...(a job I'd love to have!)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 02:59:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'128943\' date=\'Aug 24 2006, 01:47 PM\']
GSN also said that those younger demos had no idea who the celebs from THS even were.

Same could be said for other '70s shows that GSN has aired.  Back then I didn't even know why some of them were famous - other than being professional game show panelists...(a job I'd love to have!)
[/quote]

The reverse is probably true with older demos for today's celebs.  For example, on "Pyramid," the only ones I knew were Dick Clark, Coolio and the Pine-Sol lady.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

--Richard

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 03:18:29 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'128868\' date=\'Aug 24 2006, 04:05 AM\']
[/quote]

The Grundy library would make a lot of people's days...but as long as Fremantle has it...don't bet on it.

B/E...well maybe if the 50 Greatest was any sign...we could see that soon.

uncamark

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 01:00:23 PM »
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'128961\' date=\'Aug 24 2006, 02:18 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'128868\' date=\'Aug 24 2006, 04:05 AM\']
[/quote]

The Grundy library would make a lot of people's days...but as long as Fremantle has it...don't bet on it.

B/E...well maybe if the 50 Greatest was any sign...we could see that soon.
[/quote]

Why? The B&E shows have aged a lot worse than the G-T shows they're currently airing.

And if they have to do a show-by-show with Sony, they're not going to spend any money on low-audience, aged-demo daytime programming.  The blanket renewal of G-T is all they're going to spend any time soon.  The money's going to go to the evening programming and originals and acquisitions of recent titles that are more promotable and may draw more bodies than "Tic Tac Dough" in the daytime.

davemackey

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 11:02:05 AM »
I think you'd be more inclined to see some of these older shows on AmericanLife. (Right after a rerun of "Sugarfoot", perhaps.)

I doubt you'll ever see some of them again on GSN. As Mark noted above, these shows have not aged well and look horribly dated now; even the later Tic Tacs from the mid-80's have a moldy stench to them.

Sorry for the reality of television, kiddies.

BrandonFG

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2006, 11:03:49 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'129289\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 11:02 AM\']
I doubt you'll ever see some of them again on GSN. As Mark noted above, these shows have not aged well and look horribly dated now; even the later Tic Tacs from the mid-80's have a moldy stench to them.
[/quote]
Damn that Chevrolet Chevette! :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2006, 04:36:29 PM »
Although I think the Caldwell set at least made TTD look 80s. Not modern to the channel flipper, but better than the Wink episodes. And TJW looked marvelous when it went from the Big Room of Stucco and Annoying Chaser Lights on Warp Speed to the neon set. Now the music cues and prizes would be a time warp still, but...

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck