Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC Password episode...  (Read 13023 times)

--Richard

ABC Password episode...
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:15:33 AM »
If you haven't heard this yet...GSN will be airing an ABC Password episode. As you can tell by my signature, it airs Septmember 10th at 3am ET. GSN is reported to possess the Password All-Stars finale. Other episodes, including some from 1975 are at the UCLA archives..or we could see one from Feb. 1972 or Oct. 1973. Nonetheless, this is great news since ABC Password is a rarity now.

dzinkin

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 12:22:39 AM »
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'128278\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 12:15 AM\']
If you haven't heard this yet...GSN will be airing an ABC Password episode. As you can tell by my signature, it airs Septmember 10th at 3am ET. GSN is reported to possess the Password All-Stars finale. Other episodes, including some from 1975 are at the UCLA archives..or we could see one from Feb. 1972 or Oct. 1973. Nonetheless, this is great news since ABC Password is a rarity now.
[/quote]
Actually, we already heard about it.  Before you joined our forum, in fact.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 12:23:04 AM by dzinkin »

TheFlea

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:13:31 AM »
The info that's thus far available, confirmed from GSN sources, about the episode that will air:

-They don't know which episode it will be yet.
-They have three in their archives, one with Martin Milner & Shelia MacRae, one
with Jack Klugman & Brett Somers and the finale.
-Several others are out there but Fremantle misplaced them.

Not sure if all of this has already been divulged, though I imagine it's at least been speculated (I know that the Somers/Klugman ep. was known to be among the possibilities since clips of it aired on VH1).

-Flea

tvmitch

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 11:34:22 AM »
Please, please...no finale. If this is for the fans, most of us have seen that. Even though it would be nice to have a first-gen copy, the Somers/Klugman ep would be a bigger treat.
You should follow me on Twitter

tvwxman

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 11:36:24 AM »
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'128278\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 12:15 AM\']
[/quote]
How long has it been on your signature? You know, we can read. Please stop being a wannabe GSN-flak.

Better suggestion kid (and one that's already been made to you)...read more, post less, learn more.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Ian Wallis

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 03:06:16 PM »
Please, please...no finale. If this is for the fans, most of us have seen that. Even though it would be nice to have a first-gen copy, the Somers/Klugman ep would be a bigger treat.

I agree to that.  I'd really like to see one with the orange set and the original theme.

If GSN does have three, why do they say on their press release that the episode airing will be the only surviving ABC ep?

Oh well...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
ABC Password episode...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 12:34:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'128686\' date=\'Aug 23 2006, 02:06 PM\']

I agree to that.  I'd really like to see one with the orange set and the original theme.
[/quote]
No offense to either of you gents, but as someone who doesn't reguarly tape trade and has a rather small collection...I don't care if they air the finale or not....it will still be a treat.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:35:08 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 01:38:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'128912\' date=\'Aug 24 2006, 12:34 PM\']No offense to either of you gents, but as someone who doesn't reguarly tape trade and has a rather small collection...I don't care if they air the finale or not....it will still be a treat.[/quote]
Thing about the finale is that it's not really representative of that era of Password.  It was that wacky qualifying format left over from their All-Stars structure (and set).  While fans ought to enjoy whataver episode they show us, if they have a choice, it seems likely that they would choose to give us one of the more traditional epsiodes.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cweaver

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 01:43:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'128912\' date=\'Aug 24 2006, 11:34 AM\']
No offense to either of you gents, but as someone who doesn't reguarly tape trade and has a rather small collection...I don't care if they air the finale or not....it will still be a treat.
[/quote]

Wow I can't believe I'm actually going to say the next five words...

I agree with you, Modor.

I have a small collection myself and don't have the 1975 finale either.

Only thing is, everyone else who has been trading for some time has those two "blue set" eps and no one that I've seen, not a single, solitary trader (watch someone pipe right up with five names and act like I'm an idiot for not knowing), who has an "orange set" ep.  Choosing between the two I would certainly go orange and worry about blue later.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 01:44:21 PM by cweaver »

Eric Paddon

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 02:03:42 AM »
Just speaking for myself, and my own self-centered collecting interests, I don't want to see them reair the finale. :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ABC Password episode...
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 04:00:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Eric Paddon\' post=\'130136\' date=\'Sep 1 2006, 11:03 PM\']
Just speaking for myself, and my own self-centered collecting interests, I don't want to see them reair the finale. :)
[/quote]
Congratulations on making yourself look like a complete dink, then.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Eric Paddon

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 04:20:49 PM »
Oh come off it, if you can't take a little lighthearted posting in which I freely admit I want to see an ABC episode that isn't one I've had in my collection for a decade (which is not an unreasonable sentiment), then you only show what an obnoxious jerk you are.

Looks like I found out the hard way why I stayed away from this place for three years.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 04:25:34 PM by Eric Paddon »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ABC Password episode...
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 04:47:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Eric Paddon\' post=\'130200\' date=\'Sep 2 2006, 01:20 PM\']
Oh come off it, if you can't take a little lighthearted posting in which I freely admit I want to see an ABC episode that isn't one I've had in my collection for a decade (which is not an unreasonable sentiment), then you only show what an obnoxious jerk you are.
[/quote]
Then I apologize for misinterpreting your statement, because I read it as "I don't want to see a "rare" episode become not-rare, thereby lowering the trade value of the one I have." You're right, your intentions are much less cynical than I thought, and for that I am truly sorry.
Looks like I found out the hard way why I stayed away from this place for three years.
Oh, Christ. If you're gonna play THAT card, feel free to start staying away again. That's SO tiresome.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Eric Paddon

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 04:52:17 PM »
Not so tiresome when you consider the junk I had to put up with on atgs in those days and then on the first day I decide to come back to game show posting, I find myself ambushed by a post that only brought back some very unpleasant memories.

I only want to see something other than the finale because I want to see something *different*.    That is the simplest of explanations and why anyone in their right mind would interpret it otherwise is beyond me.    Good Lord, the last ABC Password has been a dirt common item on the trade circuit since 1994 if anyone had a clue as to what really goes on.

Don Howard

ABC Password episode...
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 04:58:01 PM »
Of course, there are people like me who have never seen the last episode of that version who wouldn't mind seeing it--be it for the tape collection or no.
I must learn to control my selfish ways.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 04:59:14 PM by Don Howard »