Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Changes Coming to the Next Season of Wheel  (Read 15084 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
More Changes Coming to the Next Season of Wheel
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 01:55:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'128182\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 11:44 AM\']
I think the change seems asinine.  The game has been watered down enough the last few years...this only compromises it further.
[/quote]

I have resolved to take everything Mark says as the opposite of what will really happen.

Therefore, I think this isn't a bad idea (at least in theory).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 02:41:03 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'128195\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 12:55 PM\']
I think the change seems asinine.  The game has been watered down enough the last few years...this only compromises it further.
[/quote]

I have resolved to take everything Mark says as the opposite of what will really happen.

[/quote]
Hmm.
Other people don't like the change either, yet, you single me out.
Go figure.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dscungio

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 02:48:19 PM »
$500 Jackpot space: This sounds like a good overdue idea.  As mentioned before, right now, many players will hit the Jackpot space and score nothing for finding 5 T's.  Earning $500 a pop sounds just right.

Wild Card: This sounds like it could be confusing to everyone, both viewers and players.  And its name does not describe what it does.  "Wild Card" sounds like you can choose something or make something up, but what exactly?  However, the concept of earning an extra letter in the bonus round is great.  If we kept this simply as a prize wedge labelled "Extra Bonus Letter," then we've got something...and certainly easier to explain.  And yes, make it the player's choice: either a consonant or a vowel.

-Dean
(who may not make it to see the Wheelmobile next month in RI)

itiparanoid13

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »
As I heard, the wild card looks like whatever the last slide was in the old Joker's Wild, font wise I heard.  I've never seen TJW beyond a few clips, so I have no idea.  Go figure: Sony does a new TJW, and they take the font from the old TJW for the Wild Card.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 02:55:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'128196\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 02:41 PM\']Hmm.
Go figure.[/quote]

Well, you seem to be single-outable.

The Wild Card seems to me like Super Millionaire's Double Dip, since you can take two shots.  The similarities end when you have your first choice correct.

I had always thought that the Jackpot should go up $250 for every time a vowel was bought or a non-cash space was hit (including Bankrupt, Lose-A-Turn, prizes, etc).  A Jackpot landing should be a little more because it's the Jackpot.  The minimum of $1,000 for a correct letter does seem fair.

My main gripe is that there are way too many different categories that start to make less and less sense.
This signature is currently under construction.

PYLdude

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 03:12:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'128196\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 02:41 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'128195\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 12:55 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hmm.
Go figure.
[/quote]

No one's gotten as pissy as you and said anything about the quality of the game being compromised. Cram it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Kevin Prather

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 03:35:12 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'128203\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 12:12 PM\']
No one's gotten as pissy as you and said anything about the quality of the game being compromised. Cram it.
[/quote]
You watch your mouth. I'll agree that Mark does have a habit of being pessimistic, but when you start throwing around those "Cram it"s, you reduce the conversation here to the lowest level possible. If you want to lodge personal attacks against Mark, or anyone, do it in PM and spare the rest of us the nonsense.

PYLdude

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'128204\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 03:35 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'128203\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 12:12 PM\']
[/quote]
You watch your mouth. I'll agree that Mark does have a habit of being pessimistic, but when you start throwing around those "Cram it"s, you reduce the conversation here to the lowest level possible. If you want to lodge personal attacks against Mark, or anyone, do it in PM and spare the rest of us the nonsense.
[/quote]

1) I didn't say anything bad. I told Mark to shut his mouth. I'm sorry if the way I chose to say it "offended" you.

2) I don't know how what I said was a "personal attack" either.

3) I'm not going to take orders from a 16-year old who jumps at the chance to compare this board to ATGS whenever possible.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »
Wow, I now see you in a totally different light.  There has been lots of people on these boards, but I have never heard anyone say "cram it" to someone else here.  That was really uncalled for, just about as much as what some of Mark says is uncalled for.  If you'd rather cram it for him, the ignore feature is there for a reason.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 03:48:04 PM by itiparanoid13 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 03:48:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'128205\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 12:44 PM\']
1) 2) 3)
[/quote]
Dude, you're so wrong here it isn't even funny. I'd advise you to cut your losses, because I'd wager if you don't they'll be cut for you.

(I fully expect your response to contain more vitrol. The difference is, I can absolutely take it. You wanna dig your grave deeper, hey, go right ahead.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 03:49:46 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 03:51:22 PM »
1) I didn't say anything bad. I told Mark to shut his mouth. I'm sorry if the way I chose to say it "offended" you.[/quote]
There are less brash ways to tell someone to be quiet than "Cram it."

2) I don't know how what I said was a "personal attack" either.
What did you think it was then? Where I come from, telling someone to "cram it" is a sure way to get your ass kicked.

3) I'm not going to take orders from a 16-year old who jumps at the chance to compare this board to ATGS whenever possible.
First of all, I used the phrase "to the lowest level possible" specifically to AVOID comparing the board to ATGS.

Second of all, when was the last time I compared this board to ATGS?

Third of all...well, if you're going to bring age into this, there's no sense in me trying to talk you out of it. You've probably skimmed past this whole post already. I will say that that is pretty sad, however.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 03:53:50 PM by whoserman »

PYLdude

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 03:52:24 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'128207\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 03:48 PM\']
1) 2) 3)
[/quote]
Dude, you're so wrong here it isn't even funny. I'd advise you to cut your losses, because I'd wager if you don't they'll be cut for you.

(I fully expect your response to contain more vitrol. The difference is, I can absolutely take it. You wanna dig your grave deeper, hey, go right ahead.)
[/quote]

Sometimes things are different than what you expect.

(In other words, you're right, and I will cut my losses and move on. I've caused more trouble than it was worth.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 03:53:22 PM by PYLdude »

Clay Zambo

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 04:02:36 PM »
I like the idea of "Wild Card" a lot.  But then, I like the recently-departed Aussie bonus game, where the number of consonants you got was determined by your main-game score.  If the production team thinks Wild Card makes the game too easy, they have two choices: ditch it or come up with tougher puzzles.  But let's give it a chance, shall we?  After all, we're (many of us) looking forward to whatever new game TPiR comes up with; why should we bitch about a WOF tweak?
czambo@mac.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 04:06:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'128213\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 03:02 PM\']
After all, we're (many of us) looking forward to whatever new game TPiR comes up with; why should we bitch about a WOF tweak?
[/quote]
Speaking of which...isn't there a new game that is supposed to debut early in the new season?  Does anyone have any details?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 04:07:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'128213\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 04:02 PM\']
 After all, we're (many of us) looking forward to whatever new game TPiR comes up with; why should we bitch about a WOF tweak?
[/quote]

Because lately, some of the tweaks (if not most of the tweaks) that they've made haven't helped the game whatsoever. Too many tossups (two is enough), stupid graphics, Prize Puzzles...you name it, people have probably bitched about it, and usually with good reason.

As for me, the only thing that really is going to work best is the Jackpot space tweak. I think Wild Card can work, but I'd have to see it in practice to get a good idea of how it's gonna work.

(And I'm sure there'll be a fair amount of bitching about the new TPIR game when it comes out as well.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 04:09:00 PM by PYLdude »