Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: News story about Money Maze host  (Read 1489 times)

JamesVipond

News story about Money Maze host
« on: October 20, 2006, 10:55:36 PM »
Nick Clooney, onetime host of The Money Maze, recently talked to the staff at Answers in Genesis about the ongoing strife in Sudan.

Details of Clooney visit
"He has big eyes ... and they're BLUE!"

-- a boy describing Bill Cullen on Child's Play

toddyo

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:46:33 PM »
Nick and George have produced a documentary. It is must viewing. I'm surprised one of the three networks hasn't picked it up to air.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 02:08:14 PM »
On a lighter note, Nick was at the Jimmy Stewart Museum in Indiana, Pa., this past Friday to present the "Harvey Award" to James Best, a.k.a. Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane from The Dukes of Hazzard.  (Best was in four films with Stewart.)  I found the Friday $75/plate dinner a bit beyond my means, but I did manage to drive out there yesterday to meet Mr. Best and get an autograph and picture.  I also saw some handprints that Nick had left on a previous visit to the museum, along with a photo and autograph from his rather more famous (on any other Internet forum) sister.

I'd been meaning to go to the museum anyway; this just gave me a little more motivation to do so.  It's a nice little place and well worth the $5 admission.  I walked a couple blocks and saw Jimmy's boyhood home, too.  His father's hardware store, where his Oscar was on display for so many years, was, unfortunately, torn down decades ago.