Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which Game Show...  (Read 11625 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Which Game Show...
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'128014\' date=\'Aug 19 2006, 07:32 AM\']
What if they showed two eps, one Cullen and one Barker (both half-hour, of course)?  Show the history and its evolution.
[/quote]
The only way that happens is if TPiR is 7 or 8 on the list.  The rest of the shows in the top 6 are shows that will be aired--meaning each show gets a half-hour (the final week has 6 and 5 Tuesday, 4 and 3 Wednesday and 2 and 1 Thursday).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Chelsea Thrasher

Which Game Show...
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 10:13:06 AM »
Because in order for that to happen, they need two slots.  And listings services already show GSN's hitting six shows the final weeks, meaning for that to happen, something OTHER than price would have to be non-shown: And of all the non-Price shows left in to be potentially shows, only LMAD has even the most remote chance of not being shown.

Unless they actually try to stick TPiR at 7th or 8th (the two one-hour slots remaining), which would get really ugly really fast - a PR black eye GSN doesn't need.  

And with the GSN's planned Greatest Hosts shows in the offing, GSN quite presumably may have this whole can of worms AGAIN at some point.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 10:13:29 AM by Seth Thrasher »

cweaver

Which Game Show...
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 11:08:03 AM »
What if they showed two eps, one Cullen and one Barker (both half-hour, of course)?  Show the history and its evolution.
[/quote]

At this point I would actually be more shocked to see a Cullen TPiR than to see TPiR not mentioned at all.  The list has been anti-black-and-white and I don't see that changing in the top ten.  Personally I think Cullen and Barker episodes back to back would rule but it's not my list and not my network.        

I think TPiR at #7 could happen.  Not where I would put it but it could happen.  After all I was sure Squares, Password and What's My Line? would end up in the top ten (and I am still shocked Password didn't).

--Richard

Which Game Show...
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 11:41:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'128019\' date=\'Aug 19 2006, 10:13 AM\']

Unless they actually try to stick TPiR at 7th or 8th (the two one-hour slots remaining), which would get really ugly really fast - a PR black eye GSN doesn't need.  

[/quote]

That's true. TPiR is very well the #1 game show of all time...no matter what list you look at. I may be a big fan of PYL, but even I think TPiR is #1. So if GSN were to do something such as keep it way from #1, the TOP 5 no less, that will be like mass insult against CBS, TPiR, Bob Barker, Fremantle, GSN, and of course the MANY of TPiR's fan base.

BTW, not to straddle Off-topic, what does PR mean?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Which Game Show...
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'128026\' date=\'Aug 19 2006, 10:41 AM\']
[/quote]
Public Relations.

Doug
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:01:13 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

dzinkin

Which Game Show...
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'128026\' date=\'Aug 19 2006, 11:41 AM\']
[/quote]
What Doug said.  Also, you don't "straddle" off-topic, you stray off-topic.

tpirfan28

Which Game Show...
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 02:13:53 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'128017\' date=\'Aug 19 2006, 10:09 AM\']
[/quote]
The only way that happens is if TPiR is 7 or 8 on the list.  The rest of the shows in the top 6 are shows that will be aired--meaning each show gets a half-hour (the final week has 6 and 5 Tuesday, 4 and 3 Wednesday and 2 and 1 Thursday).

Doug
[/quote]

Then if that's the case, what episode would air?  Cullen (doubtful)?  Random Barker half-hour?  Davidson? Shaft #2 and give an hour?

/if they aired Davidson, GSN might as well quit life now
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

cweaver

Which Game Show...
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 02:55:11 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'128042\' date=\'Aug 19 2006, 01:13 PM\']
Then if that's the case, what episode would air?  Cullen (doubtful)?  Random Barker half-hour?  Davidson? Shaft #2 and give an hour?

/if they aired Davidson, GSN might as well quit life now
[/quote]

It's not beyong the realm of possibility they would air a Barker half-hour.  It seems like it would be easier to license than, say, any episode that aired after Barker's hair turned white.  

Of course it's still not going to be the same without that wheel.  What I would really like to see, though: the Johnny Olsen tribute.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Which Game Show...
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 03:01:42 PM »
Of course it's still not going to be the same without that wheel. What I would really like to see, though: the Johnny Olsen tribute.
I thought I recalled reading that they didn't do a tribute...just a still shot.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Allstar87

Which Game Show...
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'128053\' date=\'Aug 19 2006, 03:01 PM\']
Of course it's still not going to be the same without that wheel. What I would really like to see, though: the Johnny Olsen tribute.
I thought I recalled reading that they didn't do a tribute...just a still shot.
[/quote]

I've got one episode where Olsen's death was mentioned. A segment was added on right after the credits ended.

In that segment, Bob mentioned that they just lost him, and that for the next few weeks they'd be seeing the last episodes he announced. After Bob's remarks, they cut to a still shot of Olsen.