Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: B&W Overnight Down to ONE Night a Week...  (Read 16788 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

B&W Overnight Down to ONE Night a Week...
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2006, 10:12:37 PM »
* Monthly specials beginning this October which focus on classic game show icons. Upcoming topics include Match Game, a biography of Chuck Barris, and a countdown of the Greatest Game Show Hosts of All Time.

Hell, I could be misinterpreting that - wouldn't be the first time I was wrong OR right - but I interpret that to mean a countdown ala the 50 Greatest Game Shows thing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:13:04 PM by Seth Thrasher »

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2006, 10:14:40 PM »
* Monthly specials beginning this October which focus on classic game show icons. Upcoming topics include Match Game, a biography of Chuck Barris, and a countdown of the Greatest Game Show Hosts of All Time.

Hell, I could be - wouldn't be the first time - but I interpret that to mean a countdown ala the 50 Greatest Game Shows thing.

Oof, mea maxima culpa.
*I* was the one who misread your post; my brain somehow eliminated the word "hosts" as I read it.

--Jamie

--Jamie

FeudDude

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2006, 12:06:52 AM »
I'm going to make an early prediction that Chuck Woolery will be #1.  He's pretty much been GSN's unofficial mascot ever since Lingo premiered.

--Richard

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2006, 07:50:45 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' post=\'127580\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 12:06 AM\']
I'm going to make an early prediction that Chuck Woolery will be #1.  He's pretty much been GSN's unofficial mascot ever since Lingo premiered.
[/quote]

That is a good guess. They might have Peter Tomarken there, considering he hosted "Decades" for GSN and worked with them for a number of years, or the fact he hosted the cult classic PYL. Bob Barker might seem the obvious. Chuck Woolery is one canidate because of the reasons you mentioned.

So my canidates are
Peter Tomarken
Bob Barker
Chuck Woolery

cweaver

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2006, 12:40:02 AM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' post=\'127535\' date=\'Aug 15 2006, 08:48 PM\']
And for those of you that still have your doubts, this release also confirms that GSN will air an ABC Password episode.
[/quote]

There will be a second Password aired during that hour, presumably from CBS.  Anyone have any idea which one?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2006, 02:09:09 AM »
[quote name=\'--Richard\' post=\'127705\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 06:50 PM\']
That is a good guess. They might have Peter Tomarken there, considering he hosted "Decades" for GSN and worked with them for a number of years[/quote]
If that's your criteria, I suppose we should expect to see Marianne Curan too, huh?
or the fact he hosted the cult classic PYL.
Much better reasoning.

I'm not a big fan of his...but I would be dissapointed if Bill Cullen doesn't make the list.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 02:10:57 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2006, 02:16:11 AM »
If Cullen doesn't make Top 3, then we can start the coup.
This signature is currently under construction.

--Richard

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2006, 03:19:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'128294\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 02:16 AM\']
If Cullen doesn't make Top 3, then we can start the coup.
[/quote]

Yeah, I would say it'd get pretty ugly, equal to what could happen if TPiR isn't #1 on this 50 "Greatest" Game Shows countdown.

tvmitch

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2006, 10:00:33 AM »
I would like to see a series of "X Greatest Moments From..." akin to the "5 Reasons You Can't Blame So-and-So" series, or anything currently on VH-1 right now. That might be fun. "10 Greatest Moments from Feud," and so on. I don't know who would give the color commentary, or how it would be put together, but I think people would watch.

/soapbox
You should follow me on Twitter

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2006, 10:26:06 AM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'128302\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 07:00 AM\']
"10 Greatest Moments from Feud," and so on. I don't know who would give the color commentary, or how it would be put together, but I think people would watch.
[/quote]
I dunno. Do we really need to see "Turkey" and "September" again?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mmb5

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2006, 12:48:09 PM »
I would like to see half-hour shows based on old parlor games, board games or trivia contests but with new twists.  These twists could include having modestly famous people as teammates and could involve some nominal sum of money or a prize (such as a car or trip) for the winning players or teams.  

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

jalman

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2006, 01:14:35 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'128315\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 12:48 PM\']
I would like to see half-hour shows based on old parlor games, board games or trivia contests but with new twists.  These twists could include having modestly famous people as teammates and could involve some nominal sum of money or a prize (such as a car or trip) for the winning players or teams.  
[/quote]
On the hip & cool Network for Games?

NEVER~!*cough*

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2006, 03:31:10 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'128315\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 12:48 PM\']

--Mike
[/quote]

I guess they could run it by the focus groups, but the idea is a little too outside the box.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

--Richard

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2006, 09:23:20 PM »
Well...that's it.

The last episode of BtC was aired last night...and it looks like it won't be back anytime soon.

And WML?'s hiatus is now underway. The next episode is Sunday Night 10/1(Monday Morning 10/2) at 3am ET.

But...Get the Message and What's Going On? are the rare B&W series being shown Sunday Night 8/27(Monday Morning 8/28) at 3am ET. I'm looking forward to the rare series...the ABC PW episode...and of course WML?'s return to the schedule in the times ahead for B&W Overnight...even though it is down to just weekly.