Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud this year...  (Read 38675 times)

narzo

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 04:41:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'127009\' date=\'Aug 10 2006, 10:57 PM\']
Yeah, Pat isn't one to avoid making a buck and using his name.  He probably just picks his spots.  Doesn't he (used to) have a baseball show on satellite radio, too?

FF online (heh) seems incredibly smart, since you can actually pit teams of 5 against each other that way.
[/quote]

Pat Sajak's Sudoku:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157243869...glance&n=283155

well sure I can see how..., wait a sec,  what?

sshuffield70

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 05:38:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'127009\' date=\'Aug 10 2006, 10:57 PM\']
Yeah, Pat isn't one to avoid making a buck and using his name.  He probably just picks his spots.  Doesn't he (used to) have a baseball show on satellite radio, too?

FF online (heh) seems incredibly smart, since you can actually pit teams of 5 against each other that way.
[/quote]

Just tried out FF Online Party yesterday.  In my room, our team got to 10 people.

DrBear

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 06:08:20 PM »
Then again...in Peter Marshall's book, he relates how the first Hollywood Squares home game had his picture on the box cover, giving him a few more bucks ... and Heatter/Quigley made sure THAT didn't happen with future editions.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Hastin

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 08:00:09 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'127182\' date=\'Aug 12 2006, 02:38 PM\']
Just tried out FF Online Party yesterday.  In my room, our team got to 10 people.
[/quote]

Ahh. So I assume that you're a beta tester. I know due to pesky NDAs, you can't say much. However, did they do a good job when it came to a recreation of FF?
-Hastin :)

Casey Buck

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 01:02:53 AM »
Bumping up this topic, here's a sneak peek picture of the new set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sk8rsherman/195049761/

Wow. And that's a good wow.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 01:03:50 AM by Casey Buck »

Chelsea Thrasher

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 01:08:06 AM »
Well, if absolutely nothing else, it looks like the family scoreboards have moved back to the main gameboard, which is definitely a plus

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2006, 01:09:32 AM »
Set looks great; that logo looks horribly out of place.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2006, 01:15:35 AM »
I like the set. At least, the way I see it, I think they tried to mesh elements from the three prior Feuds into this one: the border around the families' name screams original, the gameboard itself has the red border the Combs version had, and the blues strike me as very Dawson comeback.

That logo is weird. Saw it last night on Wikipedia for the first time. Throw it back!
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Chelsea Thrasher

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2006, 01:19:20 AM »
Because when designing a game show, I want my graphics package to unintentionally look straight out of 1996.   Bring back the DOUBLE THE POINTS Feud logo, Use one of the past iteration logos, swipe the Bert's FF logo (Minus Bert, of course)...anything but that.

chad1m

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2006, 01:48:07 AM »
I'm really liking the new set. And considering the scheme of the set itself, the logo really isn't too bad.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 01:49:36 AM »
I'll be more interested to see how that set shoots on TV, I think.

But, yeah, that logo HAS to go. Just awful.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2006, 01:52:30 AM »
If they can finally get the execution right, I can look past the logo.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2006, 02:20:08 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'127601\' date=\'Aug 15 2006, 10:52 PM\']
If they can finally get the execution right, I can look past the logo.
[/quote]
Yeah, good point, and rest assured I will give it a shot. It just seems kinda....I dunno. Bush league.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whewfan

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2006, 05:36:31 AM »
Heck with the logo, the set looks AWESOME.

I just hope they bring back the bell when the family wins a round instead of the fanfare (I seem to recall they had the bell during the Louie era, combined with the fanfare, but when Karn took over they got rid of the bell)

You have to wonder why they didn't do this awesome set revue when Karn took over. Not to say that the show would've been BETTER if a Dawson-esque set was used, it's the host that makes or breaks a show.
The only Dawson-like elements in the Karn set were the earth tone brown and yellow, which made the set look warmer than Louie's very cold looking silver and blue set. The most recent Karn set was.. well.. not quite right. It was made MUCH flashier, more lights... too bad the rest of the show was pretty much the same ol' same ol'.

Chelsea Thrasher

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2006, 07:13:22 AM »
Set Awesome?  Well, compared to the 1.5 Million Colors - And Trapezoids! - set this past year, some cardboard and a couple of 40 Watt Bulbs would be a step up.  From the photograph, it certainly looks decent, and they've addressed most of the issues with the previous set, while breaking one of the few things not broken in the logo.  

How the set shoots on camera can be a whole 'nuther matter. On the off-chance Feud sticks it out a couple more years until an HD transition, I wonder if they'll stick it out with this set, or try out something else.