Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chain Reaction members air dates  (Read 2657 times)

FlashStash

Chain Reaction members air dates
« on: August 03, 2006, 02:34:32 PM »
I thought I'd put this separately from the other threads, if they should be combined, that's ok too.

I just got word that our episode will air on August 12th, a Saturday...(which means a party! :)  ).

Moe's is airing this Friday the 4th...

Anyone else hear their dates yet?  *IS* there anyone else? :)

FS

Moe Train

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 01:00:38 AM »
I'm going to be at Seacrets in Ocean City, MD tomorrow night when the show airs.  We're going down for a bachelor party.  I don't know if anyone has ever been there (www.seacrets.com), but they have a ton of plasmas all over the inside and outside of the club (it's one of the largest clubs on the East Coast).  It's almost certain that they are going to turn all their TV's onto GSN for our show.  That club holds thousands!  hahaha... What a viewing party!

BTW, I'd really like to hear what all of you board members have to say about our show.  I have a feeling that you'll enjoy it.  The chemistry between our teams was great, and there were some funny answers.  Also, the energy from us was through the roof.  I had people call me over after our show and tell me that it was one of the favorite shows that they've ever been to.  I hope it comes through on TV!  

Listen for one specific answer that I give on the show which has everyone cracking up.  My friends now joke with me all the time about that answer.  If you know what I'm talking about, post it here on the boards!

Hope you enjoy the show, and looking forward to hearing what everyone thought about it!

Moe
www.myspace.com/MoeTrain

LocalH

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:09:34 PM »
Looks like they've moved episodes around, as the male team is Tim/Anthony/Eddie.
Scott Jones

Long-time Game Show Fan

Former Newscast Director

FlashStash

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 08:52:01 AM »
[quote name=\'LocalH\' post=\'126361\' date=\'Aug 4 2006, 09:09 PM\']
Looks like they've moved episodes around, as the male team is Tim/Anthony/Eddie.
[/quote]

Yep, they did, my new date is the 11th now.

FS

Moe Train

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 01:47:23 PM »
I just got back from the beach, and was disappointed on Friday night when our show was supposed to air.  We all were huddled around the TV, while waiting to see ourselves, and ended up watchiing someone else's show.  We felt like idiots when we had everyone over to watch the show when ours didn't even air.  When I got home today, I got an email saying that the shows are being shifted around, and our show will air Thursday, August 10.  Well... That's subject to change, so check out the show that day!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 02:07:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Moe Train\' post=\'126460\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 10:47 AM\']
We all were huddled around the TV, while waiting to see ourselves, and ended up watchiing someone else's show.
[/quote]
You shouldn't have. What you should have felt was pissed that the production company didn't have the courtesy to tell you BEFORE your show was supposed to go to air, instead of after, because I'm sure viewing parties like this are not uncommon occurrences.

Just another example of television people not realizing that for the contestants, that time in the spotlight is a really big deal.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 03:32:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'126464\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 02:07 PM\']Just another example of television people not realizing that for the contestants, that time in the spotlight is a really big deal.[/quote]
What I don't get is the need the producers have for mixing the episodes around in the first place.  Are they really going to come up with some mystical combination that makes the show look any better than it already does?  Seems to me that outside the first few shows, it really doesn't matter in what order they air so it's even more odd that they'd be changing them around at the last minute.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

catnap1972

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'126474\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 03:32 PM\']

What I don't get is the need the producers have for mixing the episodes around in the first place.  Are they really going to come up with some mystical combination that makes the show look any better than it already does?  
[/quote]

God forbid what we saw was (what they considered) the best they've got and it's downhill from here forward.

Moe Train

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 05:00:57 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what date they sent me the email telling of the changes, but I def didn't get it before I left for the beach that morning!

FlashStash

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 07:43:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'126474\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 03:32 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'126464\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 02:07 PM\']Just another example of television people not realizing that for the contestants, that time in the spotlight is a really big deal.[/quote]
What I don't get is the need the producers have for mixing the episodes around in the first place.  Are they really going to come up with some mystical combination that makes the show look any better than it already does?  Seems to me that outside the first few shows, it really doesn't matter in what order they air so it's even more odd that they'd be changing them around at the last minute.
[/quote]

From the information in the emails I' ve been getting, it's GSN, not the production company, that is changing the order. They gave GSN the episodes for certain dates, and found that, when they watched the network, GSN had changed the order.

FS

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 07:48:13 PM »
[quote name=\'FlashStash\' post=\'126488\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 06:43 PM\']
From the information in the emails I' ve been getting, it's GSN, not the production company, that is changing the order. They gave GSN the episodes for certain dates, and found that, when they watched the network, GSN had changed the order.
[/quote]
Sounds like GSN doesn't have confidence in this show.  (And they shouldn't.  I saw it for the first time today. This show is so g*ddamn broken, and I have a strong affinity towards word games.  I would definitely take the second season of Whammy! over this anytime.)