Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Starface / National Enquirer partnership  (Read 3903 times)

TonicBH

Starface / National Enquirer partnership
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 04:42:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'126472\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 12:13 PM\']
I would hope they would give a wronged contestant extra time to make up for the transgression.  I fear nowadays, they would just do retakes until the desired outcome is reached.
[/quote]

That won't happen. Standards and Practices would literally be shooting steam out of their ears if situations happened like that.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 09:11:14 AM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' post=\'126522\' date=\'Aug 7 2006, 04:42 AM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'126472\' date=\'Aug 6 2006, 12:13 PM\']
I would hope they would give a wronged contestant extra time to make up for the transgression.  I fear nowadays, they would just do retakes until the desired outcome is reached.
[/quote]

That won't happen. Standards and Practices would literally be shooting steam out of their ears if situations happened like that.
[/quote]

With DOND taking eight hours to shoot an hour show and CR three hours to do a half-hour, I thought retakes were pretty much the norm these days.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »
[/quote]
You're assuming they even _have_ S&P people there. There's no law that says they're obligated to.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 10:26:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'126524\' date=\'Aug 7 2006, 09:11 AM\']With DOND taking eight hours to shoot an hour show and CR three hours to do a half-hour, I thought retakes were pretty much the norm these days.[/quote]
I think Tonic read "retakes to achieve the desired result" as "we'll keep filming this until the contestant wins, dammit!"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 03:22:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'126526\' date=\'Aug 7 2006, 08:30 AM\']
[/quote]
You're assuming they even _have_ S&P people there. There's no law that says they're obligated to.
[/quote]

GSN has always had Sullivan overseeing their shows, even in the "Decades" days.  Seems to me that I heard that Boden demanded it in his first stint running programming.  I imagine that Cronin wouldn't want to change that, just to avoid anything unforeseen happening--and in "Starface"'s case, Finn was used to Sullivan overseeing "STYD" and I would hope that he would think that an S&P person is something that just goes with the territory.

Meanwhile, one could hope that Finn had a little chat with Bonaduce after that particular taping--as much as personally, I would put Pat Finn telling you how to host a game show about on the same level as Jim Caldwell telling you.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 11:49:25 PM »
To be honest, even though you may not need S&P, it would look a little incriminating if you didn't have a rep on hand.
This signature is currently under construction.