Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Now that I've seen Chain Reaction and Starface in full  (Read 19016 times)

chad1m

Now that I've seen Chain Reaction and Starface in full
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »
Anyway, attempting to get back on topic, I think both shows are good if you look at what they are. Chain Reaction is a word game that has more emphasis on being a dramtic game show. Starface is more of a light-hearted game, focusing on both comedy and the game. If you're expecting a wildly dramatic program with no smiles out of Starface, of course you'll hate it. But, I like both shows because they're both fun in their own ways.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2006, 06:47:11 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'127681\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 05:32 PM\']
Of the four chains - "Waffle House", "7-11", "Popeye's", and "In and Out", being a foodie like Chris, I've heard of all of them. This area has all of them except "In and Out", which I would love to try.

/Also want a Chick-Fil-A relatively close to me
[/quote]

I dunno.  Desiring to try the cuisine at In-and-Out Burger and Chick-Fil-A...this is pretty much the opposite of foodiness.  ;)
czambo@mac.com

chad1m

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »
This just in: I am offically sick and tired of seeing slow, stupid game players on Chain Reaction. At least on Starface their stupidity is funny. On CR, it's just annoying.

--Richard

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2006, 10:20:09 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'127726\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 09:30 PM\']
This just in: I am offically sick and tired of seeing slow, stupid game players on Chain Reaction. At least on Starface their stupidity is funny. On CR, it's just annoying.
[/quote]

Yeah, I mean now we've seen back-to-back teams absolutely blow it in the bonus round. Tonight's team only managed 2 answers. Last night's only got 1. I am, too getting annoyed chad1m, so join the club. It was funny at 1st, now it has gotten annoying.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2006, 10:42:39 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'127687\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 05:09 PM\']
Anyway, attempting to get back on topic, I think both shows are good if you look at what they are.
[/quote]
Crappily done shows.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 10:42:54 PM by Brandon Brooks »

chad1m

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2006, 10:49:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' post=\'127758\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 10:42 PM\']
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'127687\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 05:09 PM\']
Anyway, attempting to get back on topic, I think both shows are good if you look at what they are.
[/quote]
Crappily done shows.
[/quote]

Now you're just being cynical. ;)

Moe Train

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2006, 01:35:31 AM »
Hey!  My team got 8 right on the bonus round, and got damn near close to 10!  I know we're the exception.  I wish there were others who had done as well!!

I still can't understand for the life of me why many of the teams can't get over 5.  Maybe it's the blindfold.  Possibly in the next season, they're have hidden screens where the teams can look to give the sentences!  Hell, all I did on the show was close my eyes.  From the moment I put my blindfold on (or when Dylan helped me), I closed my eyes and concentrated on what Matt and Ryan were saying.  They still get my praises.  They did an incredible job.  I hope the rest of the teams can FOCUS!!! It's not THAT hard!!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 01:44:25 AM by Moe Train »

chad1m

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2006, 01:39:09 AM »
We know, Moe.

Moe Train

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2006, 03:52:18 AM »
Ha... Sorry man.  Just it kinda frustrating to see the other teams do so poorly!  I'm not rooting against anyone!  It's quite the opposite.  I hope they do well so the show does well.

dzinkin

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2006, 09:39:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Moe Train\' post=\'127789\' date=\'Aug 17 2006, 03:52 AM\']
Just it kinda frustrating to see the other teams do so poorly!
[/quote]
Are you sure that what's frustrating you isn't the fact that it's not your face on screen again?

Some polite advice, Moe: I know it's somewhat out of fashion to lurk for a bit and to read what others have posted, but try it anyway.  Brandon B. rarely brings up his win on Hollywood Squares unless it's actually relevant to the discussion.  The same goes for my co-moderator Matt O., who's been on not one but two game shows (Sale of the Century first, then Jeopardy) and also hosts one (Quizbusters).  We have several individuals in this forum who have been on three, four, or even more shows.  Even Ken Jennings has been very modest about his achievement when posting here.

Tooting your own horn is one thing; even those of us whose appearance on a game show amounts to just that -- appearing -- do it occasionally.  But not in nearly every post.  Calm down.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 09:40:32 AM by dzinkin »