Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN gets new Head of Programming  (Read 2186 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
GSN gets new Head of Programming
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »
http://buzzerblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/jam...ed-head-of.html

Mr. Roberts is apparently going to oversee production, development, acquisitions, and planning.  He's an import from Sky in the UK, which implies he has a knowledge of European Television--a good thing considering that Scandanavia is the new England in the game show world.

Alex has a short bio of him on the blog, but I STILL don't know who he is.
This signature is currently under construction.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 11:50:19 AM »

chad1m

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 01:55:15 PM »
This will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't think it could be anything but good, but who knows? With his experience, I think this will help GSN out.

--Richard

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:21:54 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'127655\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 01:55 PM\']
This will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't think it could be anything but good, but who knows? With his experience, I think this will help GSN out.
[/quote]

I, too, believe things will get better, considering the fact this guy has experience already with SkyTV.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 09:58:43 PM »
Am I the only one who ever bothers to read these things to the finish

Relevent sentences lifted:
[quote name=\'GSN's PR Wizards\']In 1996, he was appointed development executive at Sky Television, helping to focus the networks programming toward a younger, more modern audience. The repositioning spawned hits that included the reality show “Ibiza Uncovered” an edgy observational documentary franchise that ran for 5 years, and ‘Prickly Heat’ – an early game-show/reality hybrid played out on Spanish beaches.[/quote]

I'd hope I'm not the only one who gets a bit of a chill when reading that.  If that's the direction GSN's heading, it's not gonna be pretty.  Nothing concrete other than the paragraph to go on, just a feeling this either 1)won't last long, or 2)won't end well.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 10:00:43 PM by Seth Thrasher »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 10:14:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'127730\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 06:58 PM\']
I'd hope I'm not the only one who gets a bit of a chill when reading that.  If that's the direction GSN's heading, it's not gonna be pretty.  Nothing concrete other than the paragraph to go on, just a feeling this either 1)won't last long, or 2)won't end well.
[/quote]
"Mr. Roberts? Bob Eubanks on Line 1. Something about reviving a show about precious stones and Hawaii."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 10:30:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'127730\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 09:58 PM\']
[quote name=\'GSN's PR Wizards\']In 1996, he was appointed development executive at Sky Television, helping to focus the networks programming toward a younger, more modern audience. The repositioning spawned hits that included the reality show “Ibiza Uncovered” an edgy observational documentary franchise that ran for 5 years, and ‘Prickly Heat’ – an early game-show/reality hybrid played out on Spanish beaches.[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm hoping that they learned their lesson from the re-branding with Dream Derby and that show with Evan Millionaire. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!