Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzer + FLASHGames² Exclusive Chain Reaction+StarFace Previews  (Read 7777 times)

itiparanoid13

I hate whoring my site now that we actually get more than 3 readers a day, but this is a good kind of whoring.

CHAIN REACTION PREVIEW

BuzzerBlog and FLASHGames² have teamed up with GSN: The Network for Games to offer game show fans a sneak preview of their two new shows "Chain Reaction" and "Starface", both premiering back to back in the 9PM time slot starting August 1st.  Note: this is just a preview of the first act.  Nothing that will spoil the entire game will be shown.  Let us know what you think of the show(s)!

Edit: Link fixed

Edit 2: StarFace is now up at the same link.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 08:24:07 PM by itiparanoid13 »

cmjb13

Buzzer + FLASHGames² Exclusive Chain Reaction+StarFace Previews
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 07:30:50 PM »
404 not found?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

itiparanoid13

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »
Shit.  Everything was running fine.  Something had to happen

HERE WE GO

tyshaun1

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:25:40 PM »
Chain Reaction: From what I saw, very, very....... meh. But then again, I was never a big fan of the other versions, so I won't be making this one appointemnt TV either.

Starface: Not my type of game, but save for his voice, Bonaduce seems promising and quick-witted.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 08:33:07 PM by tyshaun1 »

Hastin

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 08:26:59 PM »
Great Preview!

Can't wait to watch. :)
-Hastin :)

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 08:32:50 PM »
I'm still getting a 404.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

itiparanoid13

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 08:39:29 PM »
Try again.  I'm done screwing with the post.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 09:30:46 PM »
Do replies to this have to worry about spoilers? I'll be vague anyway.

Chain Reaction: No "form of the word"? Pfffft.

StarFace: I want to kill Dave. And yeah, except for his voice (when did that happen?), Bonaduce is pretty good, considering the show's format.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 10:26:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'125825\' date=\'Jul 31 2006, 06:30 PM\']
And yeah, except for his voice (when did that happen?)
[/quote]
Soon as he got into radio, near as I could tell. My vibe was always that he heard Jay Thomas on the radio one day and said "Him. I want to sound like HIM."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 11:35:22 PM »
Chain Reaction looked utterly unremarkable, and had absolutely none of the charm that made the Cullen show fun to watch. (Note that I'm not even mentioning the Edwards version. There's a reason.)

And Starface looked EVERY SINGLE BIT as bad as I thought it would. Plus they've discovered another Skyler in that dink on the end.

I have the Tivo set, but no Season Pass yet. And if this is their best foot they are putting forward, I doubt I will.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickS

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 11:36:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'125825\' date=\'Jul 31 2006, 08:30 PM\']
StarFace: I want to kill Dave. And yeah, except for his voice (when did that happen?), Bonaduce is pretty good, considering the show's format.
[/quote]

Seconded.  Dave goes down as one of the most annoying. contestants. ever.

But quick and fun entertainment Q/A for me and love the wraparound vidscreen.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:37:32 PM by TeppanYaki »

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 11:38:29 PM »
My biggest problem with StarFace is the questions that nobody should be expected to know the answer to - a la the cold cut Jenny M. dressed up as early in their career.

The whole show kinda smells like "something we can do for a little while and then sell the reruns to TV Guide Channel".

Chain Reaction: Has promise, but much like Lingo, I feel that it'll be a "I'll watch it if it's on and I'm working out or otherwise unable to watch TiVo instead." It's fine, but far from must-see.

I will watch both tomorrow night, and will probably catch a few more of CR just to see if my opinion changes. It often does.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:49:29 PM by ChrisLambert! »
@lambertman

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 11:46:54 PM »
Wasn't Dave on another game show?

Danny needs menthol.  Lots and lots of menthol.

I think my opinion of CR will be slightly tainted knowing that Dylan Lane is a stiff instead of just thinking he's a stiff.  However, Lane doesn't take away the fact that they gave away the last letter of a word.  That's a no-no in the Game Show world, as far as I'm concerned.

All in all, pretty okay stuff.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:48:22 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 11:59:06 PM »
Chain Reaction is no longer the "Game where one word leads to another." The theme song, while completely unmemorable at least demonstrates how the game works. Somehow, I get the feeling that our intrepid host would mess up the rules rundown. "If you play this game really, really well, you could take home a whole lot of it." No mention of a potential grand prize.

The game play is...there. Actually, I take that back. No form of the word and giving the last letter to the teams equals strike two.

The speed chain lacks any sort of drama or action. "Here's seven seconds. Have at it." No calling for letters or filling in words. Yawn.

StarFace should not have seen the light of day in the format I saw in that clip. It is complete excrement.
Travis L. Eberle

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 01:50:05 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'125846\' date=\'Jul 31 2006, 11:59 PM\']"If you play this game really, really well, you could take home a whole lot of it." No mention of a potential grand prize.[/quote]
Well, haven't some of the at-the-tapings posts established that they don't seem to KNOW what their potential grand prize is?

Bets: how long in the run before a contestant is given the last letter of a word, and still misses it?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin