Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Changes  (Read 5099 times)

wyoperson888

Changes
« on: July 27, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »
Okay!  What's the the deal with GSN?  Recently, they moved some shows around.  But that doesn't have anything to do with the shows being aired for about a year and a half that they have not changed for that period.  I'm kind of getting sick of watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire every single moment.  I wish they would change it, or i'll just have to, ugh, COMPLAIN to them!

Chelsea Thrasher

Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:11:06 PM »
[quote name=\'wyoperson888\' post=\'125386\' date=\'Jul 27 2006, 03:34 PM\']
Okay!  What's the the deal with GSN? [/quote]
They're a television network that debuted on December 1, 1994, available in almost 60 million households, airing both classic and original game shows as well as other programming

Recently, they moved some shows around.
As every network does from time to time. No big deal...

But that doesn't have anything to do with the shows being aired for about a year and a half that they have not changed for that period.  
Well, maybe my US History after 1648 is a bit rusty, but if it doesn't have to do with it, then, uh, what's your point?

I'm kind of getting sick of watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire every single moment.
Uh, then don't.  Last time I checked there were eleventy quadrillion other channels out there to watch.  Millionaire brings them viewers, so they air as much as they can without damaging those viewership numbers.  Sound business strategy by ANY network

I wish they would change it, or i'll just have to, ugh, COMPLAIN to them!

Welln if it makes you feel better/helps my stock in Bed, Bath, & Beyond, then go right ahead.   But complaining here about seeing Regis' mug one too many hours in the day's about as productive as surfing with a tennis racket.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 05:15:37 PM by Seth Thrasher »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Changes
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 06:16:35 PM »
75% of your posts have been anti-GSN.

Let's end the charade now, shall we?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Changes
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 06:19:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'125401\' date=\'Jul 27 2006, 03:16 PM\']
75% of your posts have been anti-GSN.

Let's end the charade now, shall we?
[/quote]
And you've got a HUGE sample size to work with, too. Dude, give the new guy at least a LITTLE break.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

wyoperson888

Changes
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:15:39 PM »
(Extremely massive overquoting deleted. -DZ)

Very sorry!  I guess I should lighten up!  Thank you for telling me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:27:59 PM by dzinkin »

Don Howard

Changes
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 01:36:24 PM »
[quote name=\'wyoperson888\' post=\'125427\' date=\'Jul 27 2006, 10:15 PM\']
Very sorry!  I guess I should lighten up!  Thank you for telling me.
[/quote]
And welcome to our show. Do be grateful for the following (a partial listing): Card Sharks, Match Game, 5th and 6th season Hollywood Squares sans Whoopi, Password Plus, Super Password, Beat The Clock and much more. Even the poker programs are infinitely better than that which was almost infested upon us before the sanity that is Bob Boden took temporary control five years ago---an offering entitled Flagpole Sitting.

Chelsea Thrasher

Changes
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 01:45:44 PM »
And, since your new: No, he's NOT kidding.  Shortly before new management took over the network five years ago, the previous management had drummed up an originals slate that included the above show, plus some other tripe including the abortive (that's appropriate, methinks) "Hell Yes I'm a Redneck""Who Wants to Date a Hooter's Girl," "E-Match" and "Grab the Mic"

BrandonFG

Changes
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 03:21:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'125501\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 01:45 PM\']
And, since your new: No, he's NOT kidding.  Shortly before new management took over the network five years ago, the previous management had drummed up an originals slate that included the above show, plus some other tripe including the abortive (that's appropriate, methinks) "Hell Yes I'm a Redneck""Who Wants to Date a Hooter's Girl," "E-Match" and "Grab the Mic"
[/quote]
And instead, they gave us "DJ Games".

Trust me, if you think GSN's schedule is bad now, just be glad it's not what it was in winter/spring 2001.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
Changes
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 03:30:45 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'125521\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 03:21 PM\']And instead, they gave us "DJ Games".

Trust me, if you think GSN's schedule is bad now, just be glad it's not what it was in winter/spring 2001.[/quote]
GSN ran CBS episodes of The Joker's Wild during that time period, so it wasn't all bad.  *enter wish for CBS TJW to return to the schedule within these asterisks*

uncamark

Changes
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'125521\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 02:21 PM\']
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'125501\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 01:45 PM\']
[/quote]
And instead, they gave us "DJ Games".

Trust me, if you think GSN's schedule is bad now, just be glad it's not what it was in winter/spring 2001.
[/quote]

And if not for Liberty taking on a piece of the channel and bringing in Cronin, there would probably be no GSN at all by now--we might've had AXN instead.  All things considered, GSN's parents have shown a lot of patience in the last five years.  I don't know if Sony alone would've shown that much patience.

saussage

Changes
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 03:44:12 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'125521\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 03:21 PM\']
[/quote]

Since I had GSN since the Fall of 99, I believe from what I saw up until this year and from what I could gather from the message boards from pre-99, other than possibly "the black period", I agree the worst was around 2001 and kept going up until GSN got some real expensive original flops to air (eg: American Dream Derby). I know it's an image change thing from trying to break away from classic content, but one thing GSN does know now is that re-airing classic shows can be a lot cheaper than producing expensive original flops. It's not a great linup, but still is better than what we had for the past 5 years or so. Changes for the better IMO started when Lingo got its 4th season... it felt like forever to get a renewal. And now there's Super Password and Rafferty CS doing the rounds: content that didn't see the light of day the second time for a long time.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

Pyramid20000

Changes
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 07:29:19 AM »
im kind of anxoius for Tom Kennedys Body Language.

BrandonFG

Changes
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 12:02:45 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'125525\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 03:30 PM\']
GSN ran CBS episodes of The Joker's Wild during that time period, so it wasn't all bad.  *enter wish for CBS TJW to return to the schedule within these asterisks*
[/quote]
I forgot about that, and the early syndie eps. aired on Sunday nights as well.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

Changes
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 03:59:13 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'125525\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 03:30 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'125521\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 03:21 PM\']And instead, they gave us "DJ Games".

Trust me, if you think GSN's schedule is bad now, just be glad it's not what it was in winter/spring 2001.[/quote]
[/quote]

A lot of people refer to the 1997-98 period as "The Dark Period".  For me, it wasn't really so dark, but even if you didn't like their programming at that time, you have to admit they had some gems on the schedule then.  To me, 2001 is more of a "Dark Period" - although the CBS Joker's Wild certainly gave me something to really look forward to!  Hopefully we'll see the CBS version return to the schedule at some point.  Maybe the news about fall 2007 will increase the chances of that happening.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Changes
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 04:30:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'125793\' date=\'Jul 31 2006, 02:59 PM\']
Maybe the news about fall 2007 will increase the chances of that happening.
[/quote]

OK, I'm out of the loop.  What news about fall 2007?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)