Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bring Em' Back  (Read 9859 times)

wyoperson888

Bring Em' Back
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:43:51 PM »
I am a big GSN fan!  I loved when Wheel of Fortune and The Price is Right was shown.  Also Match Game (90) was shown and fun to watch!  If you have any suggestions, please reply!  Your comments are greatly appreciated.  One problem may occur however!  I wonder if GSN still owns rights to air them.  Anyway please post back!

itiparanoid13

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:05:57 PM »
*sigh* I have a feeling you'd fit in perfectly on the GSN boards.  Check there.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Bring Em' Back
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 08:46:02 PM »
[quote name=\'wyoperson888\' post=\'125010\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 06:43 PM\']
I am a big GSN fan!  I loved when Wheel of Fortune and The Price is Right was shown.  Also Match Game (90) was shown and fun to watch!  If you have any suggestions, please reply!  Your comments are greatly appreciated.  One problem may occur however!  I wonder if GSN still owns rights to air them.  Anyway please post back!
[/quote]
OK!  I will be happy to post my suggestions!  But what will you do with them!  My guess is nothing!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 08:56:29 PM »
Guys, he's a newcomer, cut him a little slack. Please.

Anyways, wyoperson, welcome to the board. Yes, GSN does still have Wheel and the Match Game you speak of, but haven't aired TPiR in over six years. I forget the actual reason behind it, but there's been some discussions about it over the years, so you might wanna look thru the archives. I'm sure it's something or other there. ;-)

Again welcome, and enjoy.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'125021\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 08:56 PM\']
Anyways, wyoperson, welcome to the board. Yes, GSN does still have Wheel and the Match Game you speak of, but haven't aired TPiR in over six years. I forget the actual reason behind it, but there's been some discussions about it over the years, so you might wanna look thru the archives. I'm sure it's something or other there. ;-)
[/quote]

I think the short version is that Fleming and Tauber let the rights to it expire in 2000, and then when new management came in, CBS wasn't willing (and still isn't) to negotiate a new contract.

Hastin

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 11:42:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'125045\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 08:10 PM\']
I think the short version is that Fleming and Tauber let the rights to it expire in 2000, and then when new management came in, CBS wasn't willing (and still isn't) to negotiate a new contract.
[/quote]

It's assumed that the reason is because due to the fact that TPiR hasn't changed that much since it's olden days, that the new CBS episodes would lose ratings.
-Hastin :)

catnap1972

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 07:28:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'125056\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 11:42 PM\']
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'125045\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 08:10 PM\']
[/quote]

It's assumed that the reason is because due to the fact that TPiR hasn't changed that much since it's olden days, that the new CBS episodes would lose ratings.
[/quote]

Actually wouldn't it be more accurate to say that it HAS changed significantly and that CBS might be afraid that people will think "God, I can't believe how much this show SUCKS nowadays!" if they were to compare the current episodes to the classic ones?

RichZ

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »
Actually wouldn't it be more accurate to say that it HAS changed significantly and that CBS might be afraid that people will think "God, I can't believe how much this show SUCKS nowadays!" if they were to compare the current episodes to the classic ones?

That's what I've always thought.  Not to mention the everyday appearances of various Barker's Beauties, many of whom were dismissed over the years for whatever reason, that Barker may not want to be seen with.

-Rick Z

Allstar87

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 02:59:29 AM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' post=\'125084\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 07:28 AM\']
[/quote]

If CBS is that worried about that, then GSN could just try to pick up a more recent season, like maybe season 29 or so. It could satisfy some of the people complaining that TPIR isn't being shown on GSN anymore, and GSN wouldn't have to sift through every single episode to make sure there aren't any fur coats.

Of course, some would complain about the episodes not being old enough, but you can't please everyone.

GS Warehouse

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 12:46:03 PM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' post=\'125084\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 07:28 AM\']Actually wouldn't it be more accurate to say that it HAS changed significantly and that CBS might be afraid that people will think "God, I can't believe how much this show SUCKS nowadays!" if they were to compare the current episodes to the classic ones?[/quote]
[quote name=\'RichZ\' post=\'125292\' date=\'Jul 26 2006, 09:50 PM\']That's what I've always thought.  Not to mention the everyday appearances of various Barker's Beauties, many of whom were dismissed over the years for whatever reason, that Barker may not want to be seen with.[/quote]
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'125319\' date=\'Jul 27 2006, 02:59 AM\']
If CBS is that worried about that, then GSN could just try to pick up a more recent season, like maybe season 29 or so. It could satisfy some of the people complaining that TPIR isn't being shown on GSN anymore, and GSN wouldn't have to sift through every single episode to make sure there aren't any fur coats.[/quote]
All very good points.  Also, the average viewer is stupid enough to watch a 1970s ep and believe:
- that you can buy a new car for under $3,000.
- that Bob Barker is dying his hair again.
- that Johnny Olsen is still alive.
Remember, I'm talking about the average viewer, not the average GSF member.  We're smart enough not to get brainwashed into buying three of everything we see on TV (trust me, those BK Stackers are very bad for you).

trev17ian

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 10:50:54 AM »
[quote name=\'wyoperson888\' post=\'125010\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 06:43 PM\']
[/quote]

Or how about this?

The Joker's Wild
Tattletales
Let's Make A Deal
and Tic Tac Dough

can be on GSN again

Ian Wallis

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »
The Joker's Wild
Tattletales
Let's Make A Deal
and Tic Tac Dough

Out of that group, you're most likely to see Tattletales.  Most of us would like to see some of the others as well but it would cost GSN more to license them at this point.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

trev17ian

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 10:38:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'141639\' date=\'Dec 28 2006, 03:49 PM\']
The Joker's Wild
Tattletales
Let's Make A Deal
and Tic Tac Dough

Out of that group, you're most likely to see Tattletales.  Most of us would like to see some of the others as well but it would cost GSN more to license them at this point.
[/quote]

Okay, or how about

Some more of the Gong Show
the old Password
Treasure Hunt
some more of the old Dating Game
some more of the old Wheel Of Fortune(when Chuck hosted it)
and Break The Bank, as in the Tom Kennedy version?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Bring Em' Back
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 12:09:18 AM »
[quote name=\'trev17ian\' post=\'141806\' date=\'Dec 31 2006, 09:38 PM\']
Okay, or how about

Some more of the Gong Show
the old Password
Treasure Hunt
some more of the old Dating Game
some more of the old Wheel Of Fortune(when Chuck hosted it)
and Break The Bank, as in the Tom Kennedy version?
[/quote]

1.  When pigs fly (although I'd love to see it myself).
2.  Plausible, but they're already showing the two more recent versions.
3.  When donkeys fly.
4.  When I'm named as the new TPiR host.
5.  When the Cubs win a World Series.
6.  When, ah, screw it.

Ease up on the suggestions.  They ain't happening, and we're not the place that can make them happen.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ChuckNet

Bring Em' Back
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 08:27:54 PM »
The Joker's Wild
and Tic Tac Dough

Considering they were, oddly enough, the lowest-rated of the classic games during their time on GSN, can't see that happening anytime soon.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")