Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $100,000 Name That Tune Query  (Read 2151 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
$100,000 Name That Tune Query
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:05:40 PM »
I know how it originally was set up with the cover sliding up and just a topic showing up to be used for the entire game, but later on, I thought that each tune would be a different of the topics until they got used up.  Am I just totally confused or did this happen?

And as an aside question, do you think Tune Topics was "rigged" in that it wasn't truly random but merely a fixed order of tunes and the game was just made to look random?
This signature is currently under construction.

jmangin

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:03:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'124940\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 12:05 PM\']
...later on, I thought that each tune would be a different of the topics...
[/quote]
In the "multiple topic" format, each of the five tunes were from the one topic for the day.

...do you think Tune Topics was "rigged" in that it wasn't truly random...
[/quote]
You are most definitely right...the topic for the day was chosen prior to taping and it only appeared to be randomly selected.  

Jim never had more than one or two note cards in his hand, and what musician wants to rifle through seven packets of music to find the five tunes used for that day's game, anyway?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:03:50 PM by jmangin »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 02:36:52 PM »
That's what a podium is for :P

This helps me if I actually want to make a Tune Topics program (it's for a convention)
This signature is currently under construction.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'124954\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 01:03 PM\']
[/quote]
In the "multiple topic" format, each of the five tunes were from the one topic for the day.

[/quote]
You are most definitely right...the topic for the day was chosen prior to taping and it only appeared to be randomly selected.  

Jim never had more than one or two note cards in his hand, and what musician wants to rifle through seven packets of music to find the five tunes used for that day's game, anyway?
[/quote]

Even though 90% of the music on that version of "NTT" was pre-taped to keep the musicians from losing their lips during a long taping day, yeah, Tune Topics was pre-selected.  S&P's position had to have been that as long as the producers were doing the selecting, nothing was being broken and the whole bit of Jim reading the categories was "entertainment value" (after all, Bobby Douglass was adding titters to every read of those categories, even if it was the 50th time we'd heard that name).

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'124954\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 01:03 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Even though 90% of the music on that version of "NTT" was pre-taped to keep the musicians from losing their lips during a long taping day, yeah, Tune Topics was pre-selected.  S&P's position had to have been that as long as the producers were doing the selecting, nothing was being broken and the whole bit of Jim reading the categories was "entertainment value" (after all, Bobby Douglass was adding titters to every read of those categories, even if it was the 50th time we'd heard that name).