Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about current run of The Newlywed Game  (Read 2012 times)

PYLW

Question about current run of The Newlywed Game
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:34:30 AM »
Does GSN have the full show, or do they only have one season? Thanks to whomever can answer.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 04:26:53 PM »
From what we know, GSN has the full run in their possession as they've aired all the syndie seasons in the past.  It's just that since Liberty Media bought 50% of GSN that they have to pay Sony for the shows they want to air, and usually just lease one season at a time.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 04:42:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'124845\' date=\'Jul 23 2006, 04:26 PM\']
It's just that since Liberty Media bought 50% of GSN that they have to pay Sony for the shows they want to air, and usually just lease one season at a time.
[/quote]
Which has been the case with a few of GSN's shows. I swear, how many times can you show the '98 season of Win Ben Stein's Money? It's quite annoying.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 01:06:40 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'124851\' date=\'Jul 23 2006, 03:42 PM\']
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'124845\' date=\'Jul 23 2006, 04:26 PM\']
It's just that since Liberty Media bought 50% of GSN that they have to pay Sony for the shows they want to air, and usually just lease one season at a time.
[/quote]
Which has been the case with a few of GSN's shows. I swear, how many times can you show the '98 season of Win Ben Stein's Money? It's quite annoying.
[/quote]

Generally, they've always just licensed 200 episodes or so of any long-running outside acquisition with an option to pick them up later.  I know why they do it (it's expensive to pick up 1,000 episodes of anything with no guarantee of success and it's not worth that big of an investment when most viewers treat GSN as something to watch when nothing else is on), but I understand your feeling.