Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSC goings on  (Read 1456 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
GSC goings on
« on: July 15, 2006, 11:40:16 AM »
On Thursday afternoon, approximately 15 Congreff attendees saw the first three episodes of the 24th season of Wheel of Fortune.  The new season will start on September 11.  I will not spoil anything game-related, but there were actually eight good players WHO DIDN'T CALL FOR AN R AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS.  The first three shows were nothing short of phenomenal.  There are some cosmetic changes which make the show look amazing in high def.  Other than that, it's the same old game.

Also, for those of you who listen to NPR (Hi Mark!), I might be on an NPR show sometime this weekend.  Several Congreff attendees were interviewed by an NPR reporter last night.

thgames65

GSC goings on
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 04:13:48 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'124251\' date=\'Jul 15 2006, 10:40 AM\']

Also, for those of you who listen to NPR (Hi Mark!), I might be on an NPR show sometime this weekend.  Several Congreff attendees were interviewed by an NPR reporter last night.
[/quote]

There was a brief report today on KPCC (the NPR station in Pasadena) on their local news report.  The person who made the air with their interview was Paul Bailey.

Tim H.

GS Warehouse

GSC goings on
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 12:35:41 AM »
You know, I actually thought GSC was going to leave me alone with a few...shall we say, undesirables here at the GSF.  Now that I'm caught up, I'm glad that not the case.  Sorry I couldn't come, but GSC in Burbank happens every year.  An entire minor league basketball playoff tournament in your hometown may come along only once in a lifetime.  I've been in the second row for every game so far, including an All-Star game that ended with a final score of 179-141.  And tomorrow afternoon (or this afternoon in some parts of the world), my Elkhart Express will be playing for the International Basketball League championship.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 11:27:57 AM by GS Warehouse »