Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $20,000 Pyramid winner Mike Gillooly has apparently passed on...  (Read 2828 times)

TwoInchQuad

I generally wouldn't use a poster from the GSN board as a source, but apparently, this person lives in the same town as Mr. Gillooly (Newark, Ohio), and reports that his passing was noted in a recent edition of that city's newspaper.

Outside of his game show achievements, Mr. Gillooly was evidently quite well know in the putt-putt golf industry, having bought the land for his first course with the money that he won from his "$20,000 Pyramid" appearance.

Here's the link to their post:

http://www.gsn.com/buzz/showthread.php?t=84256

-Kevin

mrchips

$20,000 Pyramid winner Mike Gillooly has apparently passed on...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 10:11:01 AM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' post=\'124282\' date=\'Jul 16 2006, 03:35 AM\']
I generally wouldn't use a poster from the GSN board as a source, but apparently, this person lives in the same town as Mr. Gillooly (Newark, Ohio), and reports that his passing was noted in a recent edition of that city's newspaper.[/quote]

Appears an obituary indeed was published in the Newark Advocate on 6 Jan.

There is this journal entry as well. ~_~

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
$20,000 Pyramid winner Mike Gillooly has apparently passed on...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:52:29 PM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' post=\'124282\' date=\'Jul 16 2006, 03:35 AM\']
I generally wouldn't use a poster from the GSN board as a source, but apparently, this person lives in the same town as Mr. Gillooly (Newark, Ohio), and reports that his passing was noted in a recent edition of that city's newspaper.

Outside of his game show achievements, Mr. Gillooly was evidently quite well know in the putt-putt golf industry, having bought the land for his first course with the money that he won from his "$20,000 Pyramid" appearance.

Here's the link to their post:

http://www.gsn.com/buzz/showthread.php?t=84256

-Kevin
[/quote]
Sorry I didn't see this earlier (this was posted while I was in L.A. for the Congreff).  I had the chance to chat with Mike a few times when we were both *P* members (that's "Prodigy," for those who thought that online services started and ended with AOL).

Nice guy.  Sorry to hear of his passing.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)