Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN TCA Announcements  (Read 4731 times)

Brandon Brooks

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 07:22:05 PM »
[quote name=\'bricon\' post=\'123967\' date=\'Jul 12 2006, 04:01 PM\']
It was designed to be a summer series, and if the numbers were good enough, a backup series when fall shows started to fail.  I seem to recall that the show came in next to last or in the ratings all four of its airings.   Anyone here have the ratings for that far back?
[/quote]
I was wondering when you were going to chime in on this one!

Brandon Brooks

pyramid100

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 07:48:48 PM »
i think i've seen that's the question on talpa.tv, linda de mol hosted it. If this is the same show then it's a mix of several word games, including talk about.

itiparanoid13

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 07:58:32 PM »
No, that show was called "De Slimste", and it was basically talking until you hit some key words.  It was a celebrity tournament.

bricon

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 01:52:01 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'123974\' date=\'Jul 12 2006, 04:28 PM\']
And a hearty welcome back after not seeing a post of yours in a long time, Brian. I assume you were relating a story from "Hollywood Game" itself with the audition tidbit?
[/quote]

Yes, sorry if I didn't make that clear.  That was when he auditioned and got the job on "Hollywood Game".

ChuckNet

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 03:18:37 PM »
It was designed to be a summer series, and if the numbers were good enough, a backup series when fall shows started to fail. I seem to recall that the show came in next to last or in the ratings all four of its airings.

That would explain why there were 2 eps that never aired.

Anyway, good to see GSN leaning more towards traditional game shows than they were a coupla yrs ago @ this time...hopefully the trend will continue!

Chuck Donegan (The Optimistic "Chuckie Baby")

bricon

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 05:48:57 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'124102\' date=\'Jul 13 2006, 02:18 PM\']
That would explain why there were 2 eps that never aired.
[/quote]
Actually there were four episodes of Hollywood Game that never aired, but for a different reason.  

There were eight shows taped, four per day (2 days in a row), using four sets of game material.  Shows 101-A and 101-B used the same material but different contesants, and so on through 104-A and 104-B  

Therefore, one episode of each set of show material was selected to air.  The reasoning had to do with saving on licensing for the clips and photos used in the show, as well as having potentially better quality of shows.  

It also caused strange senses of deja vu during the tapings :)

The Ol' Guy

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 06:23:55 PM »
Goen didn't even do that bad in the syndicated Home Shopping Game..as you say, with games like Perfect Match and other dogs, he's hardly had a chance to shine. He seems to be able to move things along with a degree of warmth.