Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker & Company visit Craig Ferguson Show  (Read 2866 times)

DjohnsonCB

Bob Barker & Company visit Craig Ferguson Show
« on: July 15, 2006, 02:12:34 AM »
Just recently, CBS' Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson has begun what is to me an aggravating practice:  that of not bothering to make mention of his guests until after you've sat through some other bits he opens with.  So I put it on DVR just after the opening and left it to run for the rest of the Friday-early Saturday show.  But it did pay off in this case, as there was an unexpected entrance by Bob Barker, his beauties, and (presumably) Rich Fields.  

I won't give away what happened for the benefit of those who haven't seen it yet, but it's a real hoot, and I still have it in the can and won't wipe it out till I archive it on DVD.  Unfortunately, there are a few digital breakup spots that kill some of the audio, but activating the Closed Captioning should help fill in the gaps.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:21:02 AM by DjohnsonCB »
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Gus

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 12:18:45 AM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'124241\' date=\'Jul 15 2006, 02:12 AM\']
Just recently, CBS' Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson has begun what is to me an aggravating practice:  that of not bothering to make mention of his guests until after you've sat through some other bits he opens with.  So I put it on DVR just after the opening and left it to run for the rest of the Friday-early Saturday show.  But it did pay off in this case, as there was an unexpected entrance by Bob Barker, his beauties, and (presumably) Rich Fields.  

I won't give away what happened for the benefit of those who haven't seen it yet, but it's a real hoot, and I still have it in the can and won't wipe it out till I archive it on DVD.  Unfortunately, there are a few digital breakup spots that kill some of the audio, but activating the Closed Captioning should help fill in the gaps.
[/quote]

One of the GSC folk found out about Barker's appearance, so we all made the trek to TV City after the Wheel taping to catch it. It was crazy awesome, I'll just say that.

LA the DJ

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 04:25:33 AM »
Since I haven't watched that show since it was hosted by a different Craig, would someone care to recap the appearance now?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

bwood

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 05:31:11 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'124281\' date=\'Jul 16 2006, 03:25 AM\']
Since I haven't watched that show since it was hosted by a different Craig, would someone care to recap the appearance now?
[/quote]

Basically, Craig is sitting there and the "doorbell" rings.  Bob, Rich and the Beauties enter, Bob chitchats with Craig a bit, Craig asks how much his desk is worth, Bob says $8.50. He then goes on to say that any man who is a man could destroy that desk with one blow because it is so cheap. He then goes behind the desk and attempts to do it, gives it a judo chop (after building up to it like he does with pg reveals) and it breaks. The Beauties finish it off with hammers and Rich throws them to commercial. Craig comes back with a picnic table for a desk, introduces Nick Cannon, and Nick says "Bob Barker is a gangsta". I thought it was pretty funny, and Bob had a few good lines in there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 05:32:24 AM by bwood »

remlap

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 09:59:47 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mWMSDSUZ3iQ&search=bob%20barker

Here sadly the Letterman feed cuts off Craig after his monologue so often I download it, sadly its in Black and White but this episode hasnt appeared yet.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 10:12:58 AM by remlap »

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 11:10:58 PM »
The clip is now up on the official CBS Late Late Show page: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/comedy/#
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 11:31:44 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'124404\' date=\'Jul 17 2006, 11:10 PM\']
The clip is now up on the official CBS Late Late Show page: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/comedy/#
[/quote]

Very entertaining.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 06:12:49 PM »
Rich seemed completely unnecessary.
@lambertman

tvwxman

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 06:41:17 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'124456\' date=\'Jul 18 2006, 06:12 PM\']
Rich seemed completely unnecessary.
[/quote]
Per Usual.

But the rest was funny.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 09:18:55 PM »
Hey now, Rich was there to applaud & laugh, even going so far as to have a one man standing O for one of Bob's cracks. IMO, the best part of the skit were the brief moments when he was out of the shot and his over reacting could not be seen.

I don't even dislike the man as an announcing talent so much as I dislike his attitude towards the gig. Every time I see him he's playing "awestruck fan who got behind the mic" rather than "I'm the announcer of the Price is Right." Just as an example: on the behind-the-scenes GSM videos on CBS.com, he explained in his tour of the "Price" set that "this is where Mr. Barker stands" and "Mr. Barker" this and "Mr. Barker" that.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 09:24:07 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'124467\' date=\'Jul 18 2006, 06:18 PM\']
Hey now, Rich was there to applaud & laugh, even going so far as to have a one man standing O for one of Bob's cracks.
[/quote]
So in other words, he's Smithers.

Could not be more appropriate. Maybe now we know why he got the gig. Impressive, you'd think it would be hard to announce with that thing in your mouth.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:25:30 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

toddyo

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 10:56:10 PM »
Makes you yearn for Johnny O or Rod.

It's funny how Price and Late Late Show have had a brotherhood through its 2 versions.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 11:05:40 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'124468\' date=\'Jul 18 2006, 09:24 PM\']
Could not be more appropriate. Maybe now we know why he got the gig. Impressive, you'd think it would be hard to announce with that thing in your mouth.
[/quote]

Yeah, I see your point.  Who knows what actually goes on behind doors?  Who knows if the line, "If you're not a Barker ass-kisser, you are most likely not to get ANY gig with TPiR.", rings true?

Oh well.  On another note, I love Rich's hard infectious laughter.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:06:48 PM by pianogeek »
-Sanford