Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Amazing Race' Moves to New Night, Time  (Read 3768 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
'Amazing Race' Moves to New Night, Time
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 05:25:40 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' post=\'124443\' date=\'Jul 18 2006, 02:03 PM\']
Well, hopefully this won't impact The Amazing Race in regards to ratings. Otherwise... well, can you say "The Amazing Race: Celebrity Edition"? I knew you could.
[/quote]
I seriously doubt it. Phil strikes me as the kind of guy who Gets It. I gotta think he at least has a little of he producer's ears, and CBS is slightly more beholden to Bruckheimer Television than JBTV is to CBS, considering JBTV produces all three CSI's, Without A Trace, and Cold Case, in addition to TAR.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 06:08:30 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' post=\'124443\' date=\'Jul 18 2006, 05:03 PM\']
Well, hopefully this won't impact The Amazing Race in regards to ratings. Otherwise... well, can you say "The Amazing Race: Celebrity Edition"? I knew you could.[/quote]
Among the numerous bad ideas that one could come up with, this might not be nearly as bad as many others.  Getting twenty or so willing participants might be a tall order (though in today's anybody's-a-celebrity culture, maybe not), but I see some real positives to a celebrity edition of this.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SteveR

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 07:45:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'124454\' date=\'Jul 18 2006, 06:08 PM\']
Among the numerous bad ideas that one could come up with, this might not be nearly as bad as many others.  Getting twenty or so willing participants might be a tall order (though in today's anybody's-a-celebrity culture, maybe not), but I see some real positives to a celebrity edition of this.
[/quote]
Well, they already had their bad idea -- Family Edition.

They came back to their bread and butter for the race after that and had another strong season, schedule change aside.

I doubt they're going to stray from the tried-and-true any time soon.

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'124464\' date=\'Jul 18 2006, 06:45 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'124454\' date=\'Jul 18 2006, 06:08 PM\']
[/quote]
Well, they already had their bad idea -- Family Edition.

They came back to their bread and butter for the race after that and had another strong season, schedule change aside.

I doubt they're going to stray from the tried-and-true any time soon.
[/quote]

They might try having one celebrity team, if there's anyone out there who wants to do it (and I had seen somewhere that Neil Patrick "Suit Up!" Harris wants to be on the show)--after all, the season with semi-celebs (and that's generous) Bahstan Rahb and Ahmbah was their best ratings season--but I don't think they'll ever do an all-celeb edition.