Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kaye Stevens  (Read 6746 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Kaye Stevens
« on: July 28, 2006, 12:10:01 PM »
IMO, her constant infuriating laughter throughout the show, even when there's no question being asked or response being displayed, ruins the show for me when she's on.

Even Gene and the panelists seemed to get annoyed with her as the week wore on; even moreso when she was invited back for subsequent weeks.

Opinions?
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

aaron sica

Kaye Stevens
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 12:12:05 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'125489\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 12:10 PM\']
IMO, her constant infuriating laughter throughout the show, even when there's no question being asked or response being displayed, ruins the show for me when she's on.

Even Gene and the panelists seemed to get annoyed with her as the week wore on; even moreso when she was invited back for subsequent weeks.

Opinions?
[/quote]

You're not the only one who finds her incredibly annoying. I'm not going to speak for others, but I know that you and I are not the only ones who find her annoying.

Ian Wallis

Kaye Stevens
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 12:16:30 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, she was never on the show after '74.  That's probably why.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jimmy Owen

Kaye Stevens
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 01:12:35 PM »
I'm kinda partial to redheads, so I liked her.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Kaye Stevens
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 07:32:56 PM »
And another thing.

I noticed, in most of her later episodes, Richard Dawson sits with his back turned to her.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but could it be because she's so obnoxious?
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Kaye Stevens
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:38:05 PM »
Unfortunately for her, she was on the panel the day that Gene committed the "nipples" blooper, and if you've seen the air version of that episode, she was the only one that I recall offhand that made reference to it during the game.

I agree with most of everyone in this thread, she is annoying...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 07:38:55 PM by NicholasM79 »

whewfan

Kaye Stevens
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 08:17:39 PM »
Didn't Brett comment to Karen Lesko as she lost the game "You have pretty dimples, darling." Somehow I recall that.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Kaye Stevens
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 05:15:37 AM »
Well, yeah, as a matter of fact, when she lost her game (she lost to the champ at the time), Gene in fact asked again if she had pretty dimples, and Brett definately chimed in.

Back on the original topic however before we get dragged off of it, I never saw any of her Tattletales appearances, was her loud laughter there too? (I can only imagine so)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Kaye Stevens
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 11:04:24 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' post=\'125602\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 04:15 AM\']
Back on the original topic however before we get dragged off of it, I never saw any of her Tattletales appearances, was her loud laughter there too? (I can only imagine so)
[/quote]
Don't remember her TT appearances, but I do know she did one week of GONG, in May 1977.  She was actually a little more toned down compared to her MG74 appearances, but still loud.

She was a good audience, though--there's one episode from that week where director John Dorsey takes the stage to give his Emmys speech. That week, with the Daytime Emmys, GONG built a recurring theme about everyone on the staff getting Emmy nominations, so they had Dorsey step out of the booth and give a speech.  The punch line--the mikes were hot and had major feedback, and by the time they had quieted down the curtain was to close and Chuckie throws it to commercial.  Whoever directed the sequence with Dorsey now on stage (I would guess Eileen Carhart--who was Dorsey's AD that week) blew the joke, though--the camera was on Stevens when the curtain started to close, so you got a nice juicy shot of her laughing hysterically, then you saw the curtain almost already closed by the time the camera cut back to the stage.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Kaye Stevens
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 06:04:56 PM »
Speak of the devil.

Looks like one of her '74 weeks'll be airing at 3:30pm on weekends starting on Saturday.

*sigh*.

gameboy2000

Kaye Stevens
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »
Actually, you'll be seeing it on Monday as Match Game 74 has been playing seven days a week at 3:30. But starting this Weekend, Starface will be taking that time slot on the weekends.
gameboy2000.weebly.com