Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bert's Family Feud... "Friday night all-stars"  (Read 3099 times)

CherryPizza

Bert's Family Feud... "Friday night all-stars"
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:55:27 PM »
In an act of desperation and/or overkill, the Nine network in Australia last night aired an hour-long prime-time Family Feud in addition to the half-hour afternoon show.

The "Friday Night All-Stars" were members of the football teams playing that night and their 'significant others'. The whole exercise seemed to be a combination of cross-promoting the games that Nine was going to be broadcasting that night and hoping to lure football fans into watching the afternoon version of the show.

Maybe it was because I despise football, but I'm sorry to say that the show DID NOT translate well into an hour-long format. In padding out the show, the only addition to the 'game' was a 'bullseye' round. Other than that, the extra time was taken up with little 'meet the players' videos and a bizarre guest appearance by Debbie Reynolds, talking about her concert tour in Australia and being fawned over by Bert at his sycophantic best.

Much as I love Family Feud, this show really bored the crisps out of me, and had me screaming "Why?"

sshuffield70

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 12:47:03 AM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'125584\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 10:55 PM\']
In an act of desperation and/or overkill, the Nine network in Australia last night aired an hour-long prime-time Family Feud in addition to the half-hour afternoon show.

The "Friday Night All-Stars" were members of the football teams playing that night and their 'significant others'. The whole exercise seemed to be a combination of cross-promoting the games that Nine was going to be broadcasting that night and hoping to lure football fans into watching the afternoon version of the show.

Maybe it was because I despise football, but I'm sorry to say that the show DID NOT translate well into an hour-long format. In padding out the show, the only addition to the 'game' was a 'bullseye' round. Other than that, the extra time was taken up with little 'meet the players' videos and a bizarre guest appearance by Debbie Reynolds, talking about her concert tour in Australia and being fawned over by Bert at his sycophantic best.

Much as I love Family Feud, this show really bored the crisps out of me, and had me screaming "Why?"
[/quote]

They probably could have borrowed an idea from the Dawson Feud specials (if it was possible).  Each special still had four teams (two games to 300), and two FMs for $5000.  The two winning teams then played one question for the right to play FM for $10000 additional.  Whether that would have made a difference is up in the air.  But was worth a mention.

vtown7

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:04:43 AM »
I'm kinda curious, cherry, what purpose did the bullseye round serve?  Did it add to the already potentially huge fast money jackpot?

Thanks,

Ryan.

CherryPizza

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 12:43:55 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'125607\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 07:04 AM\']
I'm kinda curious, cherry, what purpose did the bullseye round serve?  Did it add to the already potentially huge fast money jackpot?

[/quote]

Yes and no.

The money scored in the Bullseye round went towards the winning team's minimum cash prize (actually the prize for its charity). Usually, the minumum prize is $5,000. The winning team, because of its score from the Bullseye round had a guaranteed minimum prize of $7,000

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 06:11:01 AM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'125647\' date=\'Jul 30 2006, 12:43 AM\']
The money scored in the Bullseye round went towards the winning team's minimum cash prize (actually the prize for its charity). Usually, the minumum prize is $5,000. The winning team, because of its score from the Bullseye round had a guaranteed minimum prize of $7,000
[/quote]
Am I the only one who finds this as a waste of a segment? Just play the game and you won't confuse the viewers...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"