Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I Love The '70s  (Read 4785 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Re: I Love The '70s
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2023, 11:28:38 PM »
Sorry for bumping a 16-year-old thread

Liar.
@lambertman

SuperMatch93

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 12:00:20 AM »
Sorry for bumping a 16-year-old thread, but Name That Tune was featured in the 1977 episode.

But in all of the I Love The… mini-series they’ve done covering the ’70s to the 2000s…Tic Tac Dough, Debt, Sale of the Century, Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?, and even Cash Cab were ignored (the former two to the disappointment of Wink Martindale fans).

/Sucks that SCTV, Captain Kangaroo, The Great Space Coaster, Square One TV, and Ghostwriter got no love at all as well

Was SOTC really that iconic of a series though? Even though it had a six year run, I doubt it sticks out in the minds of most people who grew up/came of age in the 80s. Even Press Your Luck, which had a shorter run, is more of a pop culture memory.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

SuperMatch93

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 12:00:54 AM »
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 12:09:09 AM »
I’m confused. Did somebody reboot the “I Love the __s” franchise in 2023? Genuinely wondering…otherwise, what is the point of bumping this thread to tell us that a game show appeared in a 20-year-old comedy retrospective?

Was SOTC really that iconic of a series though? Even though it had a six year run, I doubt it sticks out in the minds of most people who grew up/came of age in the 80s. Even Press Your Luck, which had a shorter run, is more of a pop culture memory.
I wouldn’t call it iconic either, and I’m a huge fan of the show. Johnny is just doing that thing where he says words and hopes there’s some sort of correlation. Johnny, it’s a whole lotta game shows they didn’t cover…no big deal.

/NARRATOR: there isn’t
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 02:54:13 AM »
Johnny, please note the following rule in the Eligibility Requirements:

7. Bumping Threads

Replying to long-dormant threads is strongly discouraged unless the "bump" provides relevant information that might spark new discussion or give important answers to unanswered questions.

Your bump did not provide an important answer to an unanswered question, and the only discussion it sparked is users questioning why you bumped the 16-year-old thread in the first place.

Please do not bump a thread unless you are providing important new context.