Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: September Games magazine  (Read 1950 times)

zachhoran

September Games magazine
« on: July 06, 2006, 10:30:32 AM »
Not sure if this issue is on newsstands yet, but a two-star crossword on page 22 in the September 2006 issue of Games Magazine is called "Something Smells". The cruciverbalist responsible for it: one Robert "Robair" Mackey.

Matt Ottinger

September Games magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' post=\'123451\' date=\'Jul 6 2006, 10:30 AM\']
Not sure if this issue is on newsstands yet, but a two-star crossword on page 22 in the September 2006 issue of Games Magazine is called "Something Smells". The cruciverbalist responsible for it: one Robert "Robair" Mackey.[/quote]
I think when one of our own is paid to have a puzzle published in a national magazine, that's not off topic in the slightest.  Congratulations, Bobby.  Some of you will remember that Robair's brother Dave has also been published in GAMES.  And in case you're the sort who doesn't read sigs, here's the website for the Brothers Mackey and their puzzles:

http://thepuzzlebrothers.blogspot.com/
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
September Games magazine
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:26:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'123556\' date=\'Jul 7 2006, 11:17 AM\']
I think when one of our own is paid to have a puzzle published in a national magazine, that's not off topic in the slightest.
[/quote]
Absolutely. Especially when it's someone from the Old Skool like Robair.

"Something Smells." Nothing would make me prouder than to discover that "gazpacho" is an answer in the puzzle. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

September Games magazine
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 03:18:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'123560\' date=\'Jul 7 2006, 01:26 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'123556\' date=\'Jul 7 2006, 11:17 AM\']
I think when one of our own is paid to have a puzzle published in a national magazine, that's not off topic in the slightest.
[/quote]
Absolutely. Especially when it's someone from the Old Skool like Robair.

"Something Smells." Nothing would make me prouder than to discover that "gazpacho" is an answer in the puzzle. :)
[/quote]
Or maybe 14 across: Store visited by excited Game Show Forum posters (16 letters)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Blaq

September Games magazine
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 02:08:05 PM »
Wow, fun news! Congratulations, Robair.

Once while in San Francisco, I learned that a bar held weekly gay versions of Jeopardy! I went to audition one afternoon, Games magazine under my arm, and when I walked into the place, one of the other would-be contestants lit up and said, "Hey! I'm in there!" He then proudly turned to the page where a puzzle of his had been published. What a small, crazy world, eh?