Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Underrated/Overrated hosts.....  (Read 17475 times)

cweaver

Underrated/Overrated hosts.....
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2006, 10:04:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'126307\' date=\'Aug 4 2006, 08:53 AM\']
Just so we're clear, Bill Cullen rarely gets "shafted" in discussions of legendary game show hosts.  That documentary was a freaky, odd exception, which is one of many reasons that most of us didn't think very much of that documentary.
[/quote]

He certainly doesn't get shafted among the die-hard game show faithful, I know that.  But he does among younger people who were babies when he passed on.  That's what I meant.  The fact that the documentary caught as much hell as it did shows we certainly remember him, but the fact that he got left out in the first place is a symptom of something else, otherwise even someone who never heard of him would've been afraid to commit such an obvious faux pas.

BobbyLankford_83

Underrated/Overrated hosts.....
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »
Matt, aside from a few pics shown, I too was disappointed that Bill Cullen was not mentioned on the A&E Game Show Documentary and neither was Allen Ludden, but I did see Betty White on there.

I would like to see GSN do a game show special for 3 hours not two like the A&E one. Maybe you can host it and have interviews and better segments than what we got from the A&E special.